Gun Talk

VL-16

While I understand and agree with the ruling, it does open the door to other not as clear encroachments.  You are arrested for a crime, will they take your weapons in the name of "safety" even though you have not been convicted.  This is indeed a huge ruling that will open new attacks on 2A.
I agree they are very pro 2A, I am more concerned about rulings on silencers, braces and NFA.

In the case of the guy in question there was due process. He didn’t just lose his guns, he was found in position of them having been legally gated from having them due to his previous actions.

It wasn’t just an arrest with charges later, he had a protective restraining order put on him. That requires a greater burden and demonstration of cause before a judge and comes with a maximum time it can be extended to (usually ~2 years). It isn’t an automatic loss end result.

The ruling didn’t establish a new precedent, it confirmed an existing coverage of the 30 year old Lautenberg that this guy fell under (which the lower circuit court originally tried to overturn). It also had Barrett pointing out the flaws in the lower courts model in the ruling. There are plenty of good places to invest the political and financial capital pushing back on the legal encroachments of the 2nd amendment, but this is not a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Lunatic Democrat trying to ban guns.

He wants to ban guns for us, not for them.   

He'll be dead from old age before the debates.   

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

One of BOPs own!?!?!?!?

// 72-year-old // shooting at the drone // with a 9 mm pistol, the sheriff's office said. 

...told police he tried to shoo the drone off and it didn't go away, so he shot at it."

bullet hole was found in the Walmart payload!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/07/01/florida-man-shoots-walmart-delivery-drone/74268022007/

Edited by Swizzle
...so Florida

8 hours ago, brabus said:

Guess @Rainman moved to Florida, now we know!

Sounds like him...

"I fired one round at it," he said in the footage. "They say I hit it so I must be a good shot, or else it's not that far away ... I'm going to wind up having to find a real good defense lawyer."

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Veterans Administration just told Congress and SCOTUS to go F themselves...Kevin Friel the Deputy Director, Pension and Fiduciary Service at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs testified before Congress that they would NOT obey a law (The Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act), passed by Congress. 

I saw that testimony.  Dude should have been fired on the spot and banned from any future government job and run out of town chased by an angry mob.  Instead he's laughing about this video while you continue to pay his salary.

This exemplifies Trump's enduring appeal to voters.  There really is a deep state of unaccountable bureaucrats & it's infuriating.  We have no mechanism to deal with these people so a dude who will fire them at any cost becomes very attractive despite his many glaring flaws; his candidacy becomes more attractive as these bureaucrats use lawfare attempting to prevent him from running.  The left can't grasp DJTs appeal because they aren't angered by testimony like this, they don't get why many of us don't like him but will absolutely support him.  He is our only tool to crush asshole tyrants like this dude.

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, brabus said:

Anyone shoot with the Axil Xcors? Good enough hearing protection?

I have yet to shoot a match with them, but indoors I still want another layer.

That said they are WAAAYYYY better for a walk around than my Bose earbuds.

6 hours ago, BFM this said:

I have yet to shoot a match with them, but indoors I still want another layer.

That said they are WAAAYYYY better for a walk around than my Bose earbuds.

I never shoot indoors, so hoping they’d be good for outdoors. Most of my rifle shooting is suppressed, so biggest factor is pistol and shotgun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...