Gun Talk

VL-16

On 10/16/2024 at 7:37 AM, M2 said:

May be picking this up Friday (still haggling), a Gen 1 Ruger American in 7.62x39 with a 16.12" barrel, 3x9 Cabela's scope, slotted flash hider and 5 and 10 rd magazines (it uses Mini-30 mags).  Why?  Boatloads of AK ammo sitting around doing nothing since I got into ARs earlier this year.  Plus, it makes for a decent short-to-mid distance (<200 yds) lightweight deer rifle!

image.thumb.jpeg.9a97e7b85ca69a3ec41f75ea78b17ea3.jpeg

I already have a Ruger American in .22 and love it.  I expect my experience will be the same if I get this rifle.

Awesome.  I have several Ruger Americans and enjoy each one; my favorite is my .308.  About 9 months ago I also bought a Ruger Mini 30, love that gun.  Would highly recommend picking one up if you get the chance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Can't get the local dealer to answer my e-mails/calls.  Looks to be a great suppressor.

It’s my 3rd DA suppressor. They’re all awesome and excellent customer support. Not the only great suppressor company out there, but definitely recommend. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2024 at 8:37 AM, M2 said:

May be picking this up Friday (still haggling), a Gen 1 Ruger American in 7.62x39 with a 16.12" barrel, 3x9 Cabela's scope, slotted flash hider and 5 and 10 rd magazines (it uses Mini-30 mags).  Why?  Boatloads of AK ammo sitting around doing nothing since I got into ARs earlier this year.  Plus, it makes for a decent short-to-mid distance (<200 yds) lightweight deer rifle!

image.thumb.jpeg.9a97e7b85ca69a3ec41f75ea78b17ea3.jpeg

I already have a Ruger American in .22 and love it.  I expect my experience will be the same if I get this rifle.

We were still discussing a deal when the seller traded it.  Oh well, they are great rifles; but I already own a lot of great rifles!

I guess the money will go into my supressor fund!