Sleep walking

Guest xclozano

Guest xclozano

Is sleep walking,and having to take medication for it a qualifier for joining the Air Force ?

I don't know about it being a qualifier, since I don't. But as far as it being a disqualifier, I believe it is if it is documented and you take meds for it. Hopefuly one of the docs on here can tell you for sure.

edit: spelling taught by a state school

Edited by TheWolf424

Guest xclozano

Is it a condition that can be waved ?

And if Im really desperate, has anyone heard of writing your

US senator, the president, and the secy of the air force, to try to get in

because of a condition they have ?

Is it a condition that can be waved ?

I suppose you could wave, but that probably won't do much.

hand-waving-goodbye.jpg

And if Im really desperate, has anyone heard of writing your US senator, the president, and the secy of the air force, to try to get in because of a condition they have ?

Write to the Chief of Staff.

Is sleep walking,and having to take medication for it a qualifier for joining the Air Force ?

OK, how about being a little more specific as to your condition and the medication(s) you are on...

I am no doctor, but it is easy to Google and find out that Somnambulism (Sleep Walking) has a number of genetic, environmental, physiologic and associated medical conditions tied to its cause.

A vague question--especially concerning a medical condition--will only get you vague answers and rampant speculation.

Guest xclozano
OK, how about being a little more specific as to your condition and the medication(s) you are on...

I am no doctor, but it is easy to Google and find out that Somnambulism (Sleep Walking) has a number of genetic, environmental, physiologic and associated medical conditions tied to its cause.

A vague question--especially concerning a medical condition--will only get you vague answers and rampant speculation.

I dont know the exact name of the condition,but I sleep walk, and occasionally at the same time (so i've been told), have a light seizure (occurs ONLY during sleepwalking). And the medication I take for this,is called Trileptal..one pill before I go to bed..

otherwise,in a conscious state,I'm perfectly normal...

"Rampant Speculation" - Sleep walking + seizure probably means you're screwed. I think you would stand little to no chance of getting a security clearance, plus this is something more than "just a minor condition." Again, speculation, but that's what I'm thinking. Try to talk to a recruiter about it and see if they have any info on what is/is not waiverable.