Looking for 20mm PGU-27 bullett shells for project

Guest KET1982

Guest huf1234

ON A MAD HUNT FOR SOME 20MM PGU-27 SHELLS. Does anybody have any or know where to find some?

It is for a gift for a pilot.

Thanks to someone else's idea... I want to cut the shells down to be used as shot glasses.

Can anyone point me in the right direction...

P.S. If so, please talk in civilian language.

Edited by KET1982

Why cut them down? They're just fine as they are, just chrome them and call it good. See if the place you get them chromed will also chrome the inside too, some places just use a coating that wears off with use (namely when drinking Weed).

Why cut them down? They're just fine as they are, just chrome them and call it good. See if the place you get them chromed will also chrome the inside too, some places just use a coating that wears off with use (namely when drinking Weed).

I mentioned this because the ones I have seen had the tapered neck removed to the effect that they were about half of the normal length. If that's not necessary, then fair enough.

You can pick them up here at $6.50 a pop: http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/55557

You'll just need to remove the blue bit, which should be easy, before you get it/them cut down to size and then chromed or polished.

Wouldn't it be better if the blue thing was also chromed and hinged so that it still looked like a complete bullet, but could open to poor in some weed? Maybe not.

Guest huf1234

I think someone liked my :rock:

Let me know how it works out, since I'll be doing this next summer.

LOVED the idea! Thank you. I think it's brilliant.

You're not trying to take credit for being the first person to use chromed 20mm shells as shot glass are you?

To answer the tapered/cut down part - yes shells are tapered at the top, but that does not effect their use as shot glasses. I would not cut them if I were you.

Why on earth would you want a wimpy 20mm shell when you could get some 30mm shells from a real gun...just kidding, don't throw stones.

Anyway, in the Hog world I can just go down to the weapons shop and get some for free (well, with a little beer anyway). I would ask one of his classmates to track down some rounds there on base. It shouldn't be too difficult.

If you are really feeling gung ho then you could try to get some rounds that he actually shot. It would take a little more coordination (READ: Beer), but it would make it a lot more personal. I have three rounds from the first time I ever shot the gun and it only cost me a 12-pack. Although I'm not sure how difficult it is to get rounds out of that gun.

If it was me, I'd like to have rounds that I actually fired...although the idea is really cool itself.

Good Luck!!!