What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

6 hours ago, Magnum said:

More nostalgic phone numbers:

762-1401

New guys don’t even know why we do it (or rather why we used to have to do it). Minds blown when they are told it didn’t use to be all GPS time!  

• Like 1

New guys don’t even know why we do it (or rather why we used to have to do it). Minds blown when they are told it didn’t use to be all GPS time!  

Or that GPS is a fickle radio signal from thousands of miles away that can be denied.

I was at CENTCOM HQ when he was the DO, in a position so low that he didn’t know I existed… but he seemed to make a lot of sense then. I am surprised that he is going through with these motions. 

I thought he was great when I was there in 2014. Very calm and collected when ISIS kicked off, while everyone else in the JOC thought the world was ending. I’m guessing this uniform BS was suggested by his Chief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Or that GPS is a fickle radio signal from thousands of miles away that can be denied.

Yeah, the time hack will save us…

Irrelevant in modern aircraft (at least the ones I’ve flown). But I am all about maintaining a bit of history/tradition, and therefore will do it for that reason alone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brabus said:

Irrelevant in modern aircraft (at least the ones I’ve flown). But I am all about maintaining a bit of history/tradition, and therefore will do it for that reason alone. 

Gets people to meetings on time and sets the tone. Meetings that ignore the hack and start by fading-in don’t usually go well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m convinced from Top Gun Maverick that it will for sure.
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, brabus said:

Clock to map to ground.

TOT +/- 30 seconds

Q- TOT +/- 1 minute

TOT +/- 1.5 minutes

Sometimes, your GPS will suddenly go INOP, especially on a MSN checkride.  

Posted (edited)

Clock-Map-Ground…the good ol’ days! if you find someone under the age of 30 who can even read a map, you’ve found a unicorn! The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, brabus said:

The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Edited 7 hours ago by brabus

I almost pissed myself!

16 hours ago, brabus said:

Clock-Map-Ground…the good ol’ days! if you find someone under the age of 30 who can even read a map, you’ve found a unicorn! The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Mmm Yes, the transition to full on boomer mode is nearly complete.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On another note is Fat Tony/Cat 5 still going to the Zoo?

News piece is still posted on the website announcing it, leadership page says awaiting confirmation/assumption of command.
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/2024 at 1:22 PM, brabus said:

i learned to drive standard on disney blvd lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

i learned to drive standard on disney blvd lol

Admit it, you stalled right in front of Camp A as the hot 3 letter chick walked out and saw it. Worst timing ever…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brabus said:

Admit it, you stalled right in front of Camp A as the hot 3 letter chick walked out and saw it. Worst timing ever…

100% and stalled it out at the guard shack after getting ID checked going into Camp A. multiple times. "uh sir are you ok?"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

100% and stalled it out at the guard shack after getting ID checked going into Camp A. multiple times. "uh sir are you ok?"

“Sir…have you been drinking?”

”The Brits!? No, never have hung out with them”

“That’s not what I asked sir…”

Who hasn’t been there!? Amirite?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, brabus said:

I have a gut feeling that’s a near 100% accurate replication of said incident.

There was more clutch related issues but otherwise pretty much.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 9:00 PM, Danger41 said:

There was more clutch related issues but otherwise pretty much.

Vehicle is also missing some bullet holes. Namely, in the engine block. 

Call this my official transition to old guy / get off of my lawn but can anyone explain the logic behind non obvious duty identifier patches? ATC I get, Ammo, yup that checks. LRS, okay. SVS - I understand that one too.

But today I saw UNLTD — Unlimited Warrant Contracting Officer.

Some folks are wearing their AFSCs and not obvious ones like a 2T2 but CE AFSCs - 3E3 - Structures. If I have to google the patch it does not identify your duty.

Turning to some obvious ones but unnecessary…You can wear PILOT, NAV, EWO or ABM on your left sleeve if the wings don’t give you away??

Anyone else? Probably just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_7934.thumb.png.251f9807047009bee433de899a26e1a0.pngIMG_7933.thumb.png.ed007925a68ccf1f7116076c183de20f.png

If I had been a non flyer (finance, cbpo, Cyber, Linguist, etc) I definitely would have worn a SHOCLRK patch or similar (e.g. HELPER, CUNLNGST, CHRFLYR, SPACER). If you can't laugh at yourself, you're a psycho.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, StrikeOut312 said:

Flyers and subterranean-dwelling-missileers get bags; let the other folks have their patches. For that matter, give everyone a piece-of-flare, colored tshirts, and beards.

My old guy transition is on the beard thing. Fuck that. These weak, chinless, fat bodies clamoring for it don’t need 7 stray hairs to look more stupid. 

As I think about it, over half the enlisted in my unit have shaving waivers now anyway. None of the O’s do. I guess those shaving classes while getting our degrees really paid off.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1