What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

14 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

They couldn’t just find him a random desk job in the Pentagon while he awaited retirement? Instead they have to go poison an already cynical and queep ridden organization holding about a third of our future officers? Slife definitely protected his own here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dream big said:

They couldn’t just find him a random desk job in the Pentagon while he awaited retirement? Instead they have to go poison an already cynical and queep ridden organization holding about a third of our future officers? Slife definitely protected his own here. 

I’ve got $1 that says they’re trying to run the clock and bring him back after USAFA. We’re already in an episode of Black Mirror, why not make it a little more dystopian?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

I’ve got $1 that says they’re trying to run the clock and bring him back after USAFA. We’re already in an episode of Black Mirror, why not make it a little more dystopian?

Doing so would require a waiver of the law by SecDef. https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section9321&num=0&edition=prelim

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dream big said:

Amen. And not to be a prick, but why is he entitled to get moved to another job as a 3 star? It didn’t go well in charge of a MAJCOM, that’s it. Retirement time. Thanks for your service.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Amen. And not to be a prick, but why is he entitled to get moved to another job as a 3 star? It didn’t go well in charge of a MAJCOM, that’s it. Retirement time. Thanks for your service.

This…and you’re not being a prick.  Additionally, how embarrassing to go from being a MAJCOM CC to being in charge of the zoo.  The fact that he (I’m assuming) didn’t request retirement says a lot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

He personally called the 27 SOW/CC to request (demand really) a two-ship flyover of MCs for his USAFA CoC, because with everything else we have going on, yeah sure, we've got the time and assets for that.

Edit to add: my first question when this came down was "Does anyone care/does it matter that he got soft-fired?"  Anyone, I'm the only one, ok I'll shutup now.

Edited by DirkDiggler
afterthought
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

This…and you’re not being a prick.  Additionally, how embarrassing to go from being a MAJCOM CC to being in charge of the zoo.  The fact that he (I’m assuming) didn’t request retirement says a lot.

And indicative of the rot that remains in some of our senior leaders.  That fact that he survives to have his style be the mentoring force at the Zoo says a LOT.

40 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

He personally called the 27 SOW/CC to request (demand really) a two-ship flyover of MCs for his USAFA CoC, because with everything else we have going on, yeah sure, we've got the time and assets for that.

Edit to add: my first question when this came down was "Does anyone care/does it matter that he got soft-fired?"  Anyone, I'm the only one, ok I'll shutup now.

A formation of MC’s… ironic coming from him since he, you know, wanted to kill formation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

A formation of MC’s… ironic coming from him since he, you know, wanted to kill formation.

That was an amusing discussion amongst the bros, that had the request happened a year later, there may not have been enough form qual'd pilots to do it.  I guess they could've stayed 30 seconds in trail; that would've looked awesome/s.

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

And indicative of the rot that remains in some of our senior leaders.  That fact that he survives to have his style be the mentoring force at the Zoo says a LOT.

What a juxtaposition, following Rich Clark. 

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The only thing I can think of is that the highest “senior leaders” believe that he’s a solid yes man and will push to implement the change they want.

On 8/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, HeloDude said:

The only thing I can think of is that the highest “senior leaders” believe that he’s a solid yes man and will push to implement the change they want.

I think it’s more a save face. Everything is about appearance and big blue loses face with a fired COMAFSOC by COMSOCOM.

• Upvote 1

I know some will find this shocking (Not), but Cat Five ALREADY has an IG complaint at USAFA.  As the story has been told to me, just days after taking over he decided to make an impromptu visit to the Field House.  The football team had just completed practice when he walked in.  He held everyone at attention for 20 minutes while he bloviated and threatened (his standard MO).  The team was in standing at attention in various states of dress, with many of the cadets butt ass naked...he held them there at attention likely meat gazing the entire time.  Well done USAF...well done, nothing but the best for our future leaders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I know some will find this shocking (Not), but Cat Five ALREADY has an IG complaint at USAFA.  As the story has been told to me, just days after taking over he decided to make an impromptu visit to the Field House.  The football team had just completed practice when he walked in.  He held everyone at attention for 20 minutes while he bloviated and threatened (his standard MO).  The team was in standing at attention in various states of dress, with many of the cadets butt ass naked...he held them there at attention likely meat gazing the entire time.  Well done USAF...well done, nothing but the best for our future leaders.

Heard the same.

Clark was the epitome of a good leader. This guy is an asshat.

Says the guy who was promoted to AFSOC CC when not ready:
https://popularmilitary.com/new-usaf-academy-superintendent-says-the-academy-will-become-more-demanding-and-cadets-will-only-be-promoted-when-ready/

On 8/4/2024 at 9:28 AM, DirkDiggler said:

On 8/4/2024 at 10:09 AM, McJay Pilot said:

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Clark was the epitome of a good leader. This guy is an asshat.

Says the guy who was promoted to AFSOC CC when not ready:
https://popularmilitary.com/new-usaf-academy-superintendent-says-the-academy-will-become-more-demanding-and-cadets-will-only-be-promoted-when-ready/

Article states he got an MC-130J formation flyover, huh. 

On 7/1/2024 at 11:52 PM, brabus said:

Clock-Map-Ground…the good ol’ days! if you find someone under the age of 30 who can even read a map, you’ve found a unicorn! The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Ha! You’re absolutely right—it's like a treasure hunt for hidden skills. Finding someone under 30 who can read a map is rare enough, but throw in a compass and a stick shift, and you've got yourself a legend! Maybe we should add balancing a checkbook to the mix for the ultimate challenge. 🦄🍻

17 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

If he got an IG complaint, SAF/IG is an entity that will force him to retire if it’s substantiated.  They were the ones whose report got the USAFA Commandant of Cadets (Lesbian B-2 pilot) fired a few years ago since she’s apparently retarded and doesn’t know how abuse of power and GTCs work. 

3 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

...since she’s apparently retarded and doesn’t know how abuse of power and GTCs work. 

🤣

Edited by FUSEPLUG
Quoted for posterity