What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

8 hours ago, dream big said:

Back to what’s wrong in the AF: current ACC commander, if I’m not mistaken he’s the same cat back in 2013 when he was the 9th AETF commander in Afghanistan where he was complaining that the squadron’s floors were too dusty (in Kandahar, where poop and dust flies). 

1 hour ago, brabus said:

Barely any dust in AFG, no excuses for not having sparkling floors! How can I trust you to fight a war if you can’t keep your floors immaculate?! 

😆

Dude, when a person said "How can I trust you to.....if you can't...?" I knew that they were a non combatant.  

• Upvote 2

I was at CENTCOM HQ when he was the DO, in a position so low that he didn’t know I existed… but he seemed to make a lot of sense then. I am surprised that he is going through with these motions. 

I thought he was great when I was there in 2014. Very calm and collected when ISIS kicked off, while everyone else in the JOC thought the world was ending. I’m guessing this uniform BS was suggested by his Chief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Or that GPS is a fickle radio signal from thousands of miles away that can be denied.

Yeah, the time hack will save us…

Irrelevant in modern aircraft (at least the ones I’ve flown). But I am all about maintaining a bit of history/tradition, and therefore will do it for that reason alone. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brabus said:

Irrelevant in modern aircraft (at least the ones I’ve flown). But I am all about maintaining a bit of history/tradition, and therefore will do it for that reason alone. 

Gets people to meetings on time and sets the tone. Meetings that ignore the hack and start by fading-in don’t usually go well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m convinced from Top Gun Maverick that it will for sure.
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, brabus said:

Clock to map to ground.

TOT +/- 30 seconds

Q- TOT +/- 1 minute

TOT +/- 1.5 minutes

Sometimes, your GPS will suddenly go INOP, especially on a MSN checkride.  

Clock-Map-Ground…the good ol’ days! if you find someone under the age of 30 who can even read a map, you’ve found a unicorn! The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, brabus said:

The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Edited 7 hours ago by brabus

I almost pissed myself!

16 hours ago, brabus said:

Clock-Map-Ground…the good ol’ days! if you find someone under the age of 30 who can even read a map, you’ve found a unicorn! The next steps are intro a compass or plotter, then tell them to jump in a standard transmission vehicle for a beer run (unicorn status likely dissolves in step 2 or 3).

Mmm Yes, the transition to full on boomer mode is nearly complete.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1