The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

54 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

FY25 NDAA markup includes....

https://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-move-strip-security-clearances-from-hunter-biden-letter-signees-2023-6

.. to effectively strip security clearances from any intelligence or defense official who signed on to an October 2020 statement that raised the question of whether the release of Hunter Biden's emails was part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

As part of a much-larger bill funding US defense, Republicans on the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense proposed prohibiting any funding to grant, renew, or maintain a security clearance for any official who signed the statement.

More than 50 former intelligence officials, including former CIA Directors Mike Hayden, Leon Panetta, and John Brennan, signed the letter raising questions about the then newly published New York Post story concerning emails from Biden's laptop. 

The marks will die in the Senate...and Biden would veto it...have to defend the clown show.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

4.  Today Biden took executive action on the border...after claiming for years there was nothing he could do and he didn't have the power...oh and after reversing Trump's border order on day one in office.  Anyone want to address testimony from Mayorkas saying our border is secure...nothing to see here.  I would invite you all to read this idiotic executive order...it is a complete farce.

They probably did the math and reached critical mass on whatever demographic they were hoping to import. 

That or the amount of illegal foreign nationals probing security at military bases or taking pictures of service member’s homes reached a point they couldn’t ignore it. 

Either way, what a shit show. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, Russell Brand is backing Trump (something I would have never guessed!)...

Russell Brand: If it's a choice between Trump or Biden, only one candidate will protect democracy and freedom

Actor and comedian Russell Brand said he finds it difficult to understand why any freedom-loving American would choose to vote for President Biden over former President Trump in the upcoming election.

In a new episode of his podcast "Stay Free with Russell Brand," scheduled to premiere on Friday, Brand sat down with model, author and RNC spokeswoman Elizabeth Pipko for a wide-ranging interview in which the pair discussed Trump's trial and subsequent conviction.

"In a straight choice between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, if you care about democracy, if you care about freedom, I don’t know how you could do anything other than vote for Donald Trump for precisely the reasons that they claim that you can’t," he told Pipko...(full article at title link)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, M2 said:

Well, Russell Brand is backing Trump (something I would have never guessed!)...

Russell Brand: If it's a choice between Trump or Biden, only one candidate will protect democracy and freedom

Actor and comedian Russell Brand said he finds it difficult to understand why any freedom-loving American would choose to vote for President Biden over former President Trump in the upcoming election.

In a new episode of his podcast "Stay Free with Russell Brand," scheduled to premiere on Friday, Brand sat down with model, author and RNC spokeswoman Elizabeth Pipko for a wide-ranging interview in which the pair discussed Trump's trial and subsequent conviction.

"In a straight choice between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, if you care about democracy, if you care about freedom, I don’t know how you could do anything other than vote for Donald Trump for precisely the reasons that they claim that you can’t," he told Pipko...(full article at title link)

The world is crazy at the moment.  People are tired of lies. Even Russell Brand.  The cool thing is he got to suck on Katy Perry's tits!

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was bouncing around the channels this morning as the pundits on both sides gave their pitches.  CNN had some clown talking about how good the economy is and one of the commentators pushed back saying "you must not buy your own groceries."  Prices of consumer staples such as flour, sugar and butter have skyrocketed in price under Biden’s tenure, increasing 38.3%, 30.7% and 35.9%, respectively.

I was at the commissary last weekend and went by the deli to pick a loaf of my favorite rustic Italian bread.  I have not bought it in a while and I literally stopped in my tracks when I saw the price $9.99!  On Jan 19, 2021 this loaf of bread was $6.49 at the Commissary...WTF...I didn't buy it.  I have a great retirement, my job pays me FAR more than I am worth and I typically don't pay attention at the grocery store so this was a wow moment that showed me just how bad inflation is right now.  Credit card debt crossed the $1.1T mark, an all time high.  People are struggling to get by and it will be a major factor in the election.

IMG_6204.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I was bouncing around the channels this morning as the pundits on both sides gave their pitches.  CNN had some clown talking about how good the economy is and one of the commentators pushed back saying "you must not buy your own groceries."  Prices of consumer staples such as flour, sugar and butter have skyrocketed in price under Biden’s tenure, increasing 38.3%, 30.7% and 35.9%, respectively.

I was at the commissary last weekend and went by the deli to pick a loaf of my favorite rustic Italian bread.  I have not bought it in a while and I literally stopped in my tracks when I saw the price $9.99!  On Jan 19, 2021 this loaf of bread was $6.49 at the Commissary...WTF...I didn't buy it.  I have a great retirement, my job pays me FAR more than I am worth and I typically don't pay attention at the grocery store so this was a wow moment that showed me just how bad inflation is right now.  Credit card debt crossed the $1.1T mark, an all time high.  People are struggling to get by and it will be a major factor in the election.

IMG_6204.jpg

I joked with my wife that every generation officially becomes old when they go through their inflation era. Because they will spend the rest of their lives reminding everybody who will listen how cheap stuff used to be "when I was young." Everyone born after about 1970 is finally going through their inflation era. Inflation will go away eventually (years), but it's not going to be deflation in any meaningful sense. It is unlikely you will pay less than $9 for that loaf of bread ever again, and it's probably not done going up.

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

It is unlikely you will pay less than $9 for that loaf of bread ever again, and it's probably not done going up.

I don’t see any bread stocks in the Pelosi Index…is this an insider trading tip regarding the impending boom in rustic Italian breads?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

"when I was young" geezer tales from 3 decades ago

Let it be known, if you were “young” 30 years ago, you’re a geezer. Fuck it, when do I get my AARP discounts!

16 minutes ago, brabus said:

Let it be known, if you were “young” 30 years ago, you’re a geezer. Fuck it, when do I get my AARP discounts!

No $hit!

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Standby said:

I don’t see any bread stocks in the Pelosi Index…is this an insider trading tip regarding the impending boom in rustic Italian breads?

She gets a heads up from her yeast.  

Yeah, that's gross.

30 minutes ago, brabus said:

Fuck it, when do I get my AARP discounts!

As soon as I get a cold frosty case of diabetes. 

16de324088cc9dbd0716966e4796499e.jpg.a01ee5d8bd622d1d9f8536e8b75eec9b.jpg

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

19 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Big difference between "when I was young" geezer tales from 3 decades ago vs 3 years ago and everyone who has been buying groceries knows that difference.  

Not really. The difference is that it's your turn now.

Political incompetence has led to hyperinflationary spikes many times. They are usually brutal then followed by decades of stability. We are not unique. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 10:02 AM, Biff_T said:

The cool thing is he got to suck on Katy Perry's tits!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952asbu262j27mwdgk17pg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, M2 said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952asbu262j27mwdgk17pg

Dibs!

• Haha 1

Listened to an episode of Honestly today going over the NY Trump verdict.  In the discussion was a comparison of the NY prosecutor's zeal and the prosecution of Capone, an alleged murderous mobster convicted of whatever investigators could grasp onto at the time--tax evasion.  

This seems to fall into the same broad metaphorical bucket but at the other end of the spectrum; given what is known via Hunter's laptop and witness statements, the gun charges are token at best; more realistically just a distraction from the reality that no meaningful justice will be pursued.

Move along, people.

• Upvote 1

Conveniently, any possible charges for tax issues and foreign lobbying were allowed to expire due to statute of limitations so the potential major embarrassing legal problems are a problem no more.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Biff ain't the 1st to dibs that, nor will he be the last.

I will have a huge amount of Eskimo brothers.....just like Rucker. 

I will have a huge amount of Eskimo brothers.....just like Rucker. 

Yeah but this one is bragging rights and not just the consequences of some half way decent girl trading the only currency available for a ticket out of Andalusia/Troy/Dothan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lawman said:

girl trading the only currency available for a ticket out of Andalusia/Troy/Dothan

I wonder what it’s like to fuck your way out of Dothan, only to move to almost any other Army base and eventually realize almost all of them are shitholes. 

• Haha 2

I wonder what it’s like to your way out of Dothan, only to move to almost any other Army base and eventually realize almost all of them are shitholes. 

I know a girl who was a Dothan native, who became a Ft Riley KS wife, only to become a Dothan girl again after the divorce….

Nobody ever high fives a guy because they knew the same Longhorn waitress. Katie Perry, that might go differently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1