The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

8 hours ago, Negatory said:

All of the arguments here the past couple of weeks:

image.jpeg.8f1bfee0ae324fb7a9d5a336e564c30d.jpeg

It’s not that hard. Pick a new candidate and you’d have a chance. The Dems did it and are gonna win because of it. If Rs had gone Nikki Haley before Biden dropped out, this wouldn’t even be close. Trump can only win against a candidate at terrible as Biden.

So how much money are you putting on Kamala since you’re 100% sure she’s going to win?

• Like 1

Listen, don’t take it the wrong way. Biden just didn’t have a chance, and now it’s looking like things are advantage-Dems. The republicans are now scrambling because their whole platform was just making fun of Biden with almost no substantive policy.

Why do Republicans not just guarantee the win by putting forth a slightly less divisive, less old, more moderate candidate? I (and many others) would vote for a different Republican over Harris (although I do like Walz).

19 minutes ago, Negatory said:

I (and many others) would vote for a different Republican over Harris (although I do like Walz).

Why? I'll be blunt, this just feels like you saying something you don't believe to sound moderate. Walz is one of the most progressive governors in the US. The Trump policy position is one of the most moderate in recent Republican history. 

So exactly which Republican would you support over Harris, and what are the policy differences between that Republican and Walz that would put you in that position? 

Or do you just know nothing about Walz? That would be pretty standard for an American voter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

harris = most progressive senator

walz = very progressive governor.

all you saying you want a more moderate republican need to realize that if you vote for harris you are voting for the progressive left of the democratic party.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

Are we gambling for booze???

I’m talking about actual legal betting on who is going to win.  People on both sides talk really tough that they’re “so confident” their candidate will win, and yet they would never put money on them winning.  Even before Biden dropped out I thought that the election favored Trump, but I wouldn’t bet $10K on it…maybe I would bet a nice dinner and that’s about it.  

13 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Are we gambling for booze???

Maybe the Booze Bet I won from ya about when POTUS would step down?  Even though I was off by a few days, but you were determined to pay.  So I’ll be drinking it this week.  Thanks TAC

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, HeloDude said:

I’m talking about actual legal betting on who is going to win....  Even before Biden dropped out I thought that the election favored Trump, but I wouldn’t bet $10K on it…maybe I would bet a nice dinner and that’s about it.  

Copy.  I was hoping there'd be gambling for booze between BO members.  I jump at every chance.  One of the many things that makes this forum awesome!  So far everyone has paid up, minus one dude who I let off the hook because he was salty 😂.  Remember, if we aren't having fun in these posts we're doing it wrong.

9 hours ago, SHFP said:

So I’ll be drinking it this week.  Thanks TAC

You're welcome!

• Like 1

Ok TAC, not sure of what to Bet on with you or other BOs.   Since POTUS was taken to the (Yellowstone) Train Station by the DNC, this whole Election S Show is now a real Cluster Fng Furball.  Hoping for the/another Reagan Revolution of the Silent Majority that I experienced.  But not hopeful.   In the interim,  I’ll be drinking anyway...LOL

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Mr. Trump.  Please please please just shut the fuck up.  Its shut the fuck up Friday tomorrow.  Then shut the fuck up Saturday and so on.  You gain nothing by opening your mouth.  I'm voting this year strictly off past performance and projected performance.  One will keep this country around for a few more years and the alternative might not.  Please.  Shut the fuck up.  

• Like 1

Mr. Trump.  Please please please just shut the up.  Its shut the up Friday tomorrow.  Then shut the up Saturday and so on.  You gain nothing by opening your mouth.  I'm voting this year strictly off past performance and projected performance.  One will keep this country around for a few more years and the alternative might not.  Please.  Shut the up.  

Since he considers himself one of the greatest orators of all time, chances arrrrrreeee…

The VP isn't in the military chain of command, so why are generals who meet her saluting? Has this changed since I was in 30 plus years ago.

To be honest, I don't remember ever seeing a VP being greeted/disembarking before, but it just looked odd when I saw it earlier this week on one of her trips and the general saluted and she saluted back.

20 hours ago, uhhello said:

Mr. Trump.  Please please please just shut the fuck up.  Its shut the fuck up Friday tomorrow.  Then shut the fuck up Saturday and so on.  You gain nothing by opening your mouth.  I'm voting this year strictly off past performance and projected performance.  One will keep this country around for a few more years and the alternative might not.  Please.  Shut the fuck up.  

I told ya (not you specifically, or did I).  I said pick someone else.  If MAGA/supporters just gave up on the dude, the spineless Rs in Congress drop him like a shit sandwich, RNC grow a pair and develop other talent, then maybe you'd have a different race, one that seems more about policy/plans/actions than crowd size.  But they/you had to have your dear leader and now face the very very real possibility that we're going to have President Harris.  Ugh. 

BTW, Trump can't shut up.  So get ready for 2.5ish more months of jibberish, tickity tacs.  From both of em.

When even the leftist Washington Post calls your proposals too far left, you have a serious leftist ideology problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/08/15/kamala-harris-price-gouging-groceries/

Let’s call it what it really is, though: Bezos using his newspaper to challenge policies that would crimp his grocery business.

Might be true since he does own the Post, but not sure how he could lose. If she wins and does this, it actually would allow higher prices on really low margin items and keep the basic 1.5 to 2% margin on existing items. A loss for most of us, but Whole Foods would still keep their profits as more groceries go out of business.

Edited by bfargin