The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

On 9/3/2024 at 6:56 PM, cragspider said:

Check joke detector, just pointing out the silliness of the original poster’s post of how ridiculous it sounds and is.   

On 9/7/2024 at 12:46 AM, kaputt said:

Apparently they are distant cousins of Walz. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nebraska-walz-for-trump/

I was referring to the post about a HR person interviewing the old guy (Trump)

Hate Trump all you want..  Hang your hat on Jan 6th, but you are an absolute hypocrite if you don't give the same hate towards the Democrats that illegally contrived an impeachment.

• Like 9

The Dem lead gov is on par with PRC/RUS/NK/IRA when it comes to corruption and censorship. They are doing things that they would condemn and sanction those other countries for doing. I’m not saying the GOP is the total opposite or all that is good, as this isn’t a zero sum game. But for fuck’s sake, it is incredibly mind blowing to see Americans, especially “smart on paper” Americans, go right along with the bullshit. I get the anti-Trump mindset, but the Dems have lost complete control to the far left and incredibly evil people - a smart person sees the collapse and pivots away to solve the problem, not just go along because “Orange man bad.”

Also, since I like to provide solutions after calling out problems - here you go: suck up 4 years, and in that time build up a moderate candidate who tells the progressives and elites to fuck off (just as a GOP candidate should tell far right and elites to fuck off), supports the constitution, understands basic financial math, but can still champion and push for liberal policies on abortion, immigration reform, the homeless problem, healthcare, etc. We can find middle ground again, but it can’t happen until half of American voters unplug their brains from the matrix and stop supporting radical, anti-American behavior and policies (and I mean the radical, anti-constitutional stuff, not directed at topics like abortion, for example).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Conspicuously quiet here the day after a major debate..

Anyway, here are my takeaways:

Kamala: still as off putting and uncharismatic as ever.  The media pushing her as some sort of “joyful” generational talent will never not be weird to me. 

Moderators: hyper biased as per the usual arrangement. Teed up Kamala for multiple dunks on trump and never once fact checked her BS. Fact checked about 50% of the things trump said. 

Trump: stepped on rakes literally all night long. Honestly a disaster of a performance. Hopefully this will put to bed the nonsense narrative on the right that trump is this galaxy brain media manipulator who can bend any media situation to his will. He was good at debating compared to Biden and that is about it. To recap:

baited into a crowd size pissing contest

quadrupled down on the stolen election conspiracy 

baited into more foot in mouth moments regarding Kamala’s race

some wacky intolerant shit about immigrants eating peoples pets

weirdly complimentary comments regarding Putin which set up Kamala for more dunks on him

never addressed Kamala lying to the American people about Biden’s health

baited into post birth abortion sillyness

If the goal of this was to appeal to anyone other than his most staunch supporters, it was an epic fail. 

• Upvote 3

Ya, he has an inability to pass up the bait and loves to step on his crank...his ego just won't allow it.  It's not a stretch to think immigrants eat pets...plenty of other cultures eat animals we call pets.  But that's just a weird things to bring up.  The whole thing was clearly biased toward Harris, which is totally jacked. 

Neither are fit for the office.  I'm going to hate hearing her voice for 4 years.  

• Upvote 7

Sadly I'm not surprised. Anytime Trump does well of anything, he immediately goes back to being lazy and assuming that he'll never fuck up again. The debate with Biden and the assassination attempt made him cocky. He'll probably realize that he fucked up this debate, but Kamala would be a fool to agree to another one. 

Fortunately he didn't do anything overly insane, so this probably won't move the needle much either way. I think he still has a very good shot at winning the electoral college, but not enough to bet on it.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Day Man said:

T6X3DhW.jpeg

I forgot he loved cats.

2 hours ago, jrizzell said:

It’s embarrassing that these are the two choices to be our President. One’s an idiot, the other is a narcissist. We need to do better

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

3 hours ago, SocialD said:

Ya, he has an inability to pass up the bait and loves to step on his crank...his ego just won't allow it.  It's not a stretch to think immigrants eat pets...plenty of other cultures eat animals we call pets.  But that's just a weird things to bring up.  The whole thing was clearly biased toward Harris, which is totally jacked. 

Neither are fit for the office.  I'm going to hate hearing her voice for 4 years.  

By now, any world leader knows they can probably manipulate the shit out of Trump.  Bait him, reel him in, get what they want.

‐-----------------------

Moderators, yep, they seemed zeroed in on Donnie and his wild facts, so much so that Harris went unchecked.

She baited him quite well.  People leave your rallies.  Good chess with that one.  He had an opportunity to tie her to Biden and make her disown him, but he couldn't pull it off.

I'll say it again.  If RNC/R leaders had cut DJT loose and developed other talent, there might be a real race going on here, but we this shitshow.

• Upvote 1

Not that it’s to the extent of Biden, but Trump seems to have really lost a step too. Like lost his ability to think on his feet and flex quickly to the situation like he used to. A prime example from the debate:

Moderators to Trump: “you said Kamala just started being black, I thought she was Indian”

what trump should have said: “that’s  called a figure of speech. Ever heard of that? What I mean is She’s being fake. She acts black around black audiences and she changes her accent to suit the situation. She plays up or plays down different aspects of her race for whatever is most beneficial to her at that moment. She’s a phony politician trying to be all things to all people.”

what trump did say: incoherent ramblings that honestly made him sound more racist

• Upvote 1

All good points Pooter, Harris baited Trump and he fell into it time & again.  However what she (and the slavish “moderators”) failed to do: convince me she’d be a better POTUS than him.  There’s a misunderstanding on the left that all Trump supporters are trapped in the gravity well of his personality cult.  Sure some are, as some are for any POTUS candidate.  But I trust Trump to seek policies important to me, and conversely I’m certain Harris will pursue policies I hate.  Why?  Because unlike other elections we have years of experience watching each of them in office, and actions matter more than spin (which they both do constantly).

Harris embarrassed Trump (or rather, set him up to embassy himself) but is that a difficult task for someone so egotistical?  Who cares.  Did she convince anyone she’d be a trustworthy and competent POTUS?  She performed better, but I don’t think either of them won the debate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

All good points Pooter, Harris baited Trump and he fell into it time & again.  However what she (and the slavish “moderators”) failed to do: convince me she’d be a better POTUS than him.  There’s a misunderstanding on the left that all Trump supporters are trapped in the gravity well of his personality cult.  Sure some are, as some are for any POTUS candidate.  But I trust Trump to seek policies important to me, and conversely I’m certain Harris will pursue policies I hate.  Why?  Because unlike other elections we have years of experience watching each of them in office, and actions matter more than spin (which they both do constantly).
Harris embarrassed Trump (or rather, set him up to embassy himself) but is that a difficult task for someone so egotistical?  Who cares.  Did she convince anyone she’d be a trustworthy and competent POTUS?  She performed better, but I don’t think either of them won the debate.

Trump just wants to be President and all the adulation that comes with the job, he doesn’t actually want to change anything. Harris fundamentally believes there are things wrong with America that only the government can change. She see’s it as the answer to problems. There’s an old Reagan quote about the scariest words of politician can say “’I’m here from the government and I’m here to help”.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 3

She mopped the floor with him.  It was really something to see her manipulate him into being both old and child-like simultaneously. 

Old: squinting, tired, sweating, disheveled, and angry/crotchety.  

Young: easily tricked and baited, too cowardly to look at her.  Immeasurably petty.  The petulant child that he is.

Also, thankfully there’s finally some consistent push-back on his insane talking points.  Immigrants eating pets was a new one, but there are several others that make up his routine shtick:  Women aborting babies at 9 months or executing them post-birth.  Immigrants from now-empty "insane asylums" pouring into the country by the millions.  And the worst of all, though it’s less specific, that the USA has been ‘destroyed’ or has become a “third-world nation.”  He used the word “Destroyed” 14 times last night. 

Does anyone seriously buy this bull$hit?  Ask yourself, how many immigrants have you seen eating cats?  Do you know, or have you ever heard of a woman carrying a healthy pregnancy to 9 months and then suddenly deciding “ehh, never mind, I’ll just go get an abortion.”  It's just so insanely stupid.  Do you guys really encounter immigrants from insane asylums running rampant in your daily lives? 

As you go through your life in the US, is your perception really that the country has been “destroyed?”  I travel all over this country as an airline pilot.  We have challenges.  We have problems, no doubt.  It’s not perfect.  There are improvements to be made and work to be done.  But the USA is an amazing place to live.  I for one, truly love it. 

Ironically, Trump plays “I’m proud to be an American” at the start of every rally, and then immediately rolls into a 90-minute tirade about what a shithole this country is.  And the MAGA hats stand there and lap it up and ask for seconds.

Trump started talking about this fantasy dystopian hellscape during his inaugural “American carnage” speech in 2017.  7 years later, it’s just so idiotic and predictable.  He wants people to, as Orwell wrote, reject the evidence of your eyes and ears.  He wants to gin up fear, hysteria, and panic.  And the implication the entire time is that HE will be the one to fix it all.  Not you.  Not us as a country or society.  Him.  If he’s in office, all these problems will disappear, magically.  And the opposite, of course, if he loses again.  Our country will be “DeStroYed.”  GMAFB.  When either one of these two is elected, we will still have challenges and problems, just like we did under every other POTUS before.  And America will still be an incredible place to live. 

Can you guys imagine a Squadron Commander that talked like Trump?  That stood at the podium during a Change of Command and tried to appeal to the squadron members by telling them how shitty their squadron was?  And how he alone would be its savior?  Is that an inspirational leader?  Are those the characteristics you look for in someone in charge? 

Trumpies are also saying the moderators were too hard on Trump, and fact-checked him too much, and were clearly in the bag for Harris.  "....wHy DidN’T tHeY fActCheck HeR eQualLy????"

Maybe, and this is a radical idea…. it’s because Trump has a short and predictable playbook of bull$shit lies and falsehoods that he routinely tells.  Knowing 100% that he would say insane things like women are executing babies post-birth, ABC was obliged to take 5 minutes to prepare to counter those statements, rather than let obvious, crazy lies go un-challenged in front of ~60 million viewers.  

Maybe if Kamala had said things like immigrants are running around neighborhoods eating pets, or that the 2020 election was “stolen/rigged,” they would have fact-checked her equally.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Downvote 1

Additionally, I keep seeing Trump voters retreating to the justification of his “Policies.”  "I'm not voting for him, ....I don't love his character or personality, but I'm voting for his policies," they say.  

Sure.

My question is, …..what policies?  How on earth can you decipher what his policies are when he himself can’t tell you?  I’m sure many have seen this recent gem:

When asked, “can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?”, here’s the transcript of his answer:

"Well, I would do that. And we’re sitting down – you know, I was somebody – we had – Sen. Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka were so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that – because, look, child care is child care. It’s – couldn’t – you know, it’s something – you have to have it. In this country, you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to, but they’ll get used to it very quickly – and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care. That – it’s going to take care – we’re going to have – I – I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country. Because I have to say with child care – I want to stay with child care – but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just – that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars. And as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people, but we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first, it’s about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question."

And here's his answer last night to a question about his plans for health care:

"Obamacare was lousy health care. Always was. It's not very good today. And what I said, that if we come up with something, we are working on things, we're going to do it and we're going to replace it. But remember this. I inherited Obamacare because Democrats wouldn't change it. They wouldn't vote for it. They were unanimous. They wouldn't vote to change it. If they would have done that, we would have had a much better plan than Obamacare. But the Democrats came up, they wouldn't vote for it. I had a choice to make when I was president, do I save it and make it as good as it can be? Never going to be great. Or do I let it rot? And I felt I had an obligation, even though politically it would have been good to just let it rot and let it go away. I decided -- and I told my people, the top people, and they're very good people -- I have a lot of good people in this -- that administration. We read about the bad ones. We had some real bad ones too. And so do they. They have really bad ones. The difference is they don't get rid of them. But let me just explain. I had a choice to make do I save it and make it as good as it can be or let it rot? And I saved it. I did the right thing. But it's still never going to be great. And it's too expensive for people. And what we will do is we're looking at different plans. If we can come up with a plan that's going to cost our people, our population less money and be better health care than Obamacare, then I would absolutely do it. But until then I'd run it as good as it can be run.

LINSEY DAVIS: So just a yes or no, you still do not have a plan?

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I have concepts of a plan. I'm not president right now. But if we come up with something I would only change it if we come up with something better and less expensive. And there are concepts and options we have to do that. And you'll be hearing about it in the not-too-distant future."

So again, I hear this over and over:  "I'm voting for his policies." 

....What policies?  The guy says nothing.  Inane rants.  Total stream-of-consciousness rambling nonsense.  He is a bull$hitter, through and through.  He's the kid that got called on in class and didn't read the assigned homework. 

"Policies."  Yeah right.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

I hear this over and over:  "I'm voting for his policies." 

....What policies?  

Financially incentivize domestic oil & gas energy production.  Deregulation and disempowering unaccountable federal bureaucracy.  Close the border.  He wants those things, he made moves towards those things, Biden/Harris did the opposite.  

Embrace brevity.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Additionally, I keep seeing Trump voters retreating to the justification of his “Policies.”  "I'm not voting for him, ....I don't love his character or personality, but I'm voting for his policies," they say.  

Sure.

My question is, …..what policies?  How on earth can you decipher what his policies are when he himself can’t tell you?  I’m sure many have seen this recent gem:

When asked, “can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?”, here’s the transcript of his answer:

And here's his answer last night to a question about his plans for health care:

So again, I hear this over and over:  "I'm voting for his policies." 

....What policies?  The guy says nothing.  Inane rants.  Total stream-of-consciousness rambling nonsense.  He is a bull$hitter, through and through.  He's the kid that got called on in class and didn't read the assigned homework. 

"Policies."  Yeah right.

Were you asleep between 2016 and 2020?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Financially incentivize domestic oil & gas energy production.  Deregulation and disempowering unaccountable federal bureaucracy.  Close the border.  He wants those things, he made moves towards those things, Biden/Harris did the opposite.  

Embrace brevity.

A few adds:

- Stronger foreign policy than Biden/Harris…there weren’t new wars for us, Abraham Accords, didn’t lead a historically epic failure of a withdrawal like Biden/Harris did…

- His fiscal policies are light years better than Harris’ proposal. Inflation is the worst under Biden/Harris since the late 70s/early 80s (and 2.2x the cumulative inflation vs. Trump’s first term). Harris’ proposal to tax unrealized gains alone shows she doesn’t even have a 3rd grade level understanding of economics. 

- Actually attempted to do something about the southern border vs. Harris literally do nothing for 3.5 years, despite even being officially put in charge of that exact problem. 

- Worked to bring more power back to the state level as intended by our founding fathers and documents

@SpeedOfHeat Bottom line, many policies. The fact you don’t think he has policies demonstrates how you are so hell bent on emotional outrage/“go my team” minded you’re incapable of having unemotional, logical thought WRT politics, economics, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Bro, Trump is gonna let Christianity reign, and you gotta appreciate that.

“States rights” is a dog whistle for we can finally jail people who get abortions. Which is a monumentally unpopular national policy and anyone who supports it is a piece of religiously indoctrinated trash. I bet some states would vote for segregated schools again, and this forum would celebrate that as some constitutional victory. Its hilariously out of touch.

If you think that inflation is due to the Biden admin, you love propaganda. Trump only did quantitative easing his whole term and then had more cash incentives than Biden right before he was fired. What exactly do you think Biden did that caused inflation?

Also, oil and gas drilling are at ALL TIME highs brother.

This is also a real tough one for them because of record stock growth and record unemployment under Biden. So you have to suspend reality and say they are causing inflation when we know it was COVID response that caused it.

The border is a real policy, and Biden and Kamala have done a poor job here. Focus here and maybe you’d sound less delusional. But it’s still a small subset of problems.

Also hilarious to see these victims on here thinking they’re fighting the Nazis by voting for Trump. Trump has done his fair share of debasing the constitution, splitting the country, and wreaking havoc. People think just as much the guy who said he’d be a dictator on day 1, the guy who helped cause a literal riot on the capital after losing (which he hilariously admits now), and the guy who said he’d go after Harris campaign donors with jail time as a threat to democracy. Wake up and stop listening to talk radio as your only source of news

Trump Foreign policy is working out greeeeaaat. China is surpassing us militarily and Iran essentially has nukes. Both things Trump helped with. Cool!

The republicans unfortunately are gonna lose because they can’t say that Trump is a disaster. Hopefully he doesn’t run again and the republicans can actually have a real policy baseline that isn’t just repackaged theology.

Youll see that many believe the policies that matter aren’t different enough. So now it comes down to abortion (Trump loses). It comes down to trust and hope (Trump heavily loses). It comes down to not having Jan 6 happen again (Trump loses). You just needed to ditch Trump, the way that the Dems ditched Biden. Rs deserve this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Every once in a while you have a good post. But then I remember one of your best was when you realized how wrong you were during COVID, so I can't be shocked that you are wrong again. Lets begin, and remember, we are comparing the (R) candidate to the (D) candidate, not the (R) candidate to a hypothetical utopia the left has never successfully delivered.

2 hours ago, Negatory said:

Bro, Trump is gonna let Christianity reign, and you gotta appreciate that.

And? I'm an atheist, but it's pretty hard to miss the gaping hole left by the decline of Judeo-Christian participation in America. A bunch of well-balanced (i.e. genetic/familial lottery winners) liberals somehow assume that all Americans can live the way they do, but there are lost, troubled, stupid, or weak people out there and they need what religion provided. No replacement has been offered. 

And does anyone actually prefer the left's alternative? Sorry, but until I hear leftists loudly-and-proudly repudiate the horror show of modern Islam, I'm not going to listen to their whining about the cruelty of Christianity. 

“States rights” is a dog whistle for we can finally jail people who get abortions. Which is a monumentally unpopular national policy and anyone who supports it is a piece of religiously indoctrinated trash. I bet some states would vote for segregated schools again, and this forum would celebrate that as some constitutional victory. Its hilariously out of touch.

Casually accusing a bunch of people here of hidden racism is a nice touch. Common trait of the leftist: I'm not just of a different opinion... I'm morally superior and enlightened. 

Nevermind that states' rights is a fundamental premise of the founding of the nation and a perpetual struggle between the liberals and conservatives for the past 150 years. Nope, its racists!

If you think that inflation is due to the Biden admin, you love propaganda. Trump only did quantitative easing his whole term and then had more cash incentives than Biden right before he was fired. What exactly do you think Biden did that caused inflation?

He made it worse with the third (and if I recall, largest) round of stimulus, and the "Inflation Reduction Act." The economy was already well into the recovery at that point. There absolutely would have been inflation either way, and if Trump won in 2020 I am pretty confident he would have also done another round of stimulus, so I personally give him no credit here. But Biden did absolutely make it worse. And Harris is going to do the same if you can believe her current (ever changing) set of policies. 

Also, oil and gas drilling are at ALL TIME highs brother.

Uh Huh... and who approved those permits (and pipelines)? Why do we even have to waste time on this one? Which side openly demonizes fossil fuel production, which side doesn't? Pretty simple, unless you're a liar. 

This is also a real tough one for them because of record stock growth and record unemployment under Biden. So you have to suspend reality and say they are causing inflation when we know it was COVID response that caused it.

Correct, but if inflation is a COVID reaction, so too is the unemployment drop. Can't have it both ways. 

The border is a real policy, and Biden and Kamala have done a poor job here. Focus here and maybe you’d sound less delusional. But it’s still a small subset of problems.

There's that reasonable human in there, screaming for freedom. Let him out more.

Also hilarious to see these victims on here thinking they’re fighting the Nazis by voting for Trump. Trump has done his fair share of debasing the constitution, splitting the country, and wreaking havoc. People think just as much the guy who said he’d be a dictator on day 1, the guy who helped cause a literal riot on the capital after losing (which he hilariously admits now), and the guy who said he’d go after Harris campaign donors with jail time as a threat to democracy. Wake up and stop listening to talk radio as your only source of news

Can you reference the Nazi stuff? That's usually (and currently) the attack line of the hardcore progressives. Just pop into reddit to see who thinks they are fighting the Fourth Reich. It ain't the conservatives. 

Riot, not insurrection. Don't breeze over the huge difference. If it was a riot (it was)... who riots more? Conservatives or liberals? Who supports rioters more? Remember, in an election we compare the candidates to each other, not to the non-existent ideal. 

Trump Foreign policy is working out greeeeaaat. China is surpassing us militarily and Iran essentially has nukes. Both things Trump helped with. Cool!

Source? Which party supported giving money to the Iranians? Which party helped Iran in the hopes their oil production would bring down gas prices? And which party attacked Netanyahu while Iran used their money to support Hamas and Hezbollah? You're doing poorly. Oh and alienating Saudi Arabia sure did wonders in the fight against Iran, huh? Which president was that again?

The republicans unfortunately are gonna lose because they can’t say that Trump is a disaster. Hopefully he doesn’t run again and the republicans can actually have a real policy baseline that isn’t just repackaged theology.

Neither side (when I say Republican or Democrat I mean the political actors, never the voters) is ever going to castigate their candidate. Lets not forget that Kamala Harris is a serial liar who accused a good man of being a gang rapist just because she didn't want another conservative on the supreme court. She is *every bit* the immoral, lying, narcissistic piece of shit that Trump is. And her current boss is no different. We are in the phase of civilization where the wheels come off. Part of that is an incompetent, immoral political class. We will have better leaders after the great struggle, but not until it gets ugly. 

I have no objection to calling Trump out for what he is. But the constant fantasy on the left that there is a difference in moral fiber is laughable. The only difference is the policy. Period. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4