The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

13 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

"Democrats such as Hillary Clinton, Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and dozens of congressional lawmakers have long objected to state and federal election results and have attempted to block every Republican presidential winner since 2000."

"“I believe he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” Mrs. Clinton told CBS News in September 2019."

Yup, and shame on them.  Shame on candidates that lose and refuse to concede, that undermine confidence in our elections, and that call into question the legitimacy of the winner, simply to safeguard their bruised ego.  Shame on them, and especially so without any credible and/or compelling evidence of outcome-determinant fraud or suppression.

Ok, now your turn……  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, skybert said:

NOOooooo! That’s entirely different!!! Because…….well because it is!!

Nothing different about it. The American people, regardless of party, no longer trust "experts." They still trust *their* experts, but that's human nature. 

It's just a broader loss of faith in the institutions, which is warranted because the leaders of those institutions decided a while ago that the purpose of the institution was to further an ideological goal, instead of just doing-the-thing (collect taxes, prosecute crime, administrate education programs, preserve public land, research and defend against disease, etc). That's why Republicans have been (until Trump) weak on immigration despite the contradiction with rule-of-law, because they wanted to further a flawed view of unfettered capitalism. And Democrats have supported the greatest absurdities of affirmative action despite the contradiction with equality and colorblindness, because they wanted to further a flawed view of utopian equity. 

Trump and Bernie are the voters' anguished response to the liars leading the government, espousing values they do not uphold in their own lives or in the way they steer their organizations. Bernie just failed to stay true to his values (thank God), so he lost to the Democratic machine. Trump did not. 

Both are insane, but these are insane times🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, uhhello said:

Zero chance she goes on anything longer than 20 minutes after that amazing FOX interview 

Did you hear the behind the scenes?  She showed 15 minutes late and curtailed the agreed upon time.  If she can't handle Brett Bair on Foxnews how is she going to stand toe to toe with Vlad or Xi Jinping?

• Like 1

If you didn’t watch the Kamala interview last night, this clip about sums it up.  She was struggling so bad that her advisors told her she needed to do the interview, and now my guess is that she is doing even worse because of it.

I think what's been made crystal clear over the last 4 years is that we have the dumbest presidential team in the history of America. Everybody knew Joe Biden was the idiot of the Senate, so there's no surprises there, but at least my impression was that Kamala was viewed as duplicitous and deeply political, but not stupid. 

There's no way around it at this point, she is actually unintelligent, at least by the standards one expects to be operating in national level politics. There hasn't been a new question asked of her in at least a month, just the same ones repeated over and over, and yet somehow she and her team haven't put together a functional response? I'm not saying it has to be honest, but this woman acts like every single question is the first time she's ever heard it. It's really quite stunning from a political malpractice standpoint. 

Same thing for Walz during the debate. How the hell did he not have an answer ready to go about his lying about tiananmen square? Or immigration? These are national level campaigns operating on nine-figure budgets. No one thought to put an answer together for that?

I don't want to make it sound like Trump is much better, he fucked up that debate pretty spectacularly, but he does a better job than Kamala and Tim. JD Vance however has done a much better job, and in fact the only thing I've seen him stumble on is January 6th, but it is painfully obvious he's not allowed to answer that question in any rational way because Donald Trump refuses any rational explanation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

I don't want to make it sound like Trump is much better, he fucked up that debate pretty spectacularly, but he does a better job than Kamala and Tim. JD Vance however has done a much better job, and in fact the only thing I've seen him stumble on is January 6th, but it is painfully obvious he's not allowed to answer that question in any rational way because Donald Trump refuses any rational explanation.

He is so narcissistic he can't help but throw inflammatory insults.  If he would just say "my policies worked" (mostly), we will repeat them, have a nice day then shut his freaking pie hole.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I think what's been made crystal clear over the last 4 years is that we have the dumbest presidential team in the history of America.

injecting bleach? nuking hurricanes? i honestly can't tell if you guys are serious with this shit

9 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

he's not allowed to answer that question in any rational way because Donald Trump refuses any rational explanation

yeah, super weird...we should vote for them regardless 🙄

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Day Man said:

injecting bleach? nuking hurricanes? i honestly can't tell if you guys are serious with this shit

Both of those were actual ideas (you forgot swallowing a uv light) that have been investigated as solutions to problems. Did Trump read more than the title or the headline? No. But acting like he just made it up from thin air is simply incorrect. 

2 hours ago, Day Man said:

I don't get your point here? What's the difference between that and Walz not being able to answer honestly about immigration or the Afghanistan pullout? 

You're looking for differences where there are none. Plus, even if Trump is a moron (and I don't think he's particularly smart, just very, very media savvy), JD Vance is smarter than Trump, Harris, and Walz combined. And Pence was also rather smart, though not politically effective.

But the Biden Harris team takes the cake. 

14 hours ago, HeloDude said:

If you didn’t watch the Kamala interview last night, this clip about sums it up.  She was struggling so bad that her advisors told her she needed to do the interview, and now my guess is that she is doing even worse because of it.

That chuckle before she tries to answer sounds like resignation that she has to stick to the plan and can't say what she wants to say, which I think it is this.  "VPs don't do shit.  The job is to be the spare and that's pretty much it.  Do some lame ass photo ops, etc., and have no real thoughts, ideas, etc on anything important.  If I look like a turnip, its because that is what they want.  There, the VP is just a token, that's it.  I would love to toss senile Biden under the bus and rip his record, Congress too, but the loyals and Jill will unleash the dogs of war on me and crucify me in an instant.  So I gotta play their game.  There Bret, that's my record for the last 4 years."

The alternative to the above is just as bad... she can't think

4 hours ago, Day Man said:

1. trump never said to injet bleach. that was something Biden said that trump said. don't let facts get in the way of your TDS though.

"Our ruling

Biden said Trump said drinking bleach could help fight the coronavirus. Trump did not specifically recommend ingesting disinfectants, but he did express interest in exploring whether disinfectants could be applied to the site of a coronavirus infection inside the body, such as the lungs. We rate Biden’s claim Mostly False."

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/07/13/fact-check-did-trump-tell-people-to-drink-bleach-to-kill-coronavirus/113754708/

turns out trump was partially right, but crude in describing his idea to inject (or spray) chemicals into the body to prevent a covid infection.

"Scientists at Columbia University have developed a treatment that blocks the virus in the nose and lungs, is inexpensive and needs no refrigeration."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/research-news/11945/

Nasal sprays for treating COVID-19: a scientific note

https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC9969373/

---------------------------------

2. Trump has denied saying to "nuke hurricanes". that is a single source from axios that is quoting unnamed "sources".

"Axios reported Sunday, citing unnamed sources, that Trump asked top Homeland Security officials whether the United States could bomb a hurricane to stop it from hitting the country."

"Snopes cannot independently verify the claims of anonymous sources cited in the Axios story, or claims contained within documents we have not seen. As such, we rank the claim "Unproven." This rating could change if corroborating information becomes public."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-nuke-hurricanes/

---------------------------------------------

interesting outrage from the left, who talks about chemically altering the atmosphere to "fight climate change"

"One idea involves pumping sun-blocking particles into the upper atmosphere. This process of 'stratospheric aerosol injection' would involve planes spraying an aerosol like sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere."

https://www.euronews.com/green/2023/07/05/sun-blockers-us-scientists-aim-to-cool-the-earth-by-reflecting-sunlight-into-space

Edited by BashiChuni