The new airline thread

FUSEPLUG

I would give it a shot. You’re on full time orders and really that’s their intent - capture people who are full time before they go part time/get out and are a free agent to their competitors. I would think the minutia of splitting hairs WRT type of T10/T32 orders is not something they care about.

Springer had mentioned earlier at some point he hated DH’s and when it’s tight in the back somewhere amongst the cattle especially on long haul I definitely agree. Sometimes I prefer whale riding especially on our -8s and navigating around the security zones, customs/immigration garbage. On the other hand these past two months it has been a nice break being up front Delta One from Korea to Detroit on their A350 as they were both home runs literally (sent home early as my scheduled flights to operate were significantly delayed). 13 hours is 13 hours no doubt, but chilling on a ride home accumulating points on company time isn’t half bad. Service and comfort wasn’t half bad either, but still half as good as KAL, JAL, ANA, QF, SQ, etc. and then there’s EK and QR which not many come close too but oil brings you an unfair advantage as well as strict catering and attendant standards. 

*Chilling with the Delta crew up front looking at all the wizardry of the A350 before departure the Capt was curious if we were allowed to beverage up on our DH’s… Out of uniform I thought it was a no brainer, but he stated they were no longer allowed when moving on their metal. I contemplated that there might have been an unruly crew member at some point, but he mentioned that because multiple crew members on the same flight had drank all the libations thereby leaving the customers with zero balance that benefit was scratched. Is this true…?

6 hours ago, AirGuardianC141747 said:

*Chilling with the Delta crew up front looking at all the wizardry of the A350 before departure the Capt was curious if we were allowed to beverage up on our DH’s… Out of uniform I thought it was a no brainer, but he stated they were no longer allowed when moving on their metal. I contemplated that there might have been an unruly crew member at some point, but he mentioned that because multiple crew members on the same flight had drank all the libations thereby leaving the customers with zero balance that benefit was scratched. Is this true…?

Listen, in my defense, the flight attendants poured them strong and often on that flight.  

But in all seriousness, like so many urban legends, I bet this story is 0.69% true.  There are two reasons we're not allowed to drink on a DH anymore.  One is they want the have the ability to reroute you into a flying leg (not legal per our PWA anymore) and they want to save money.  Everything else is bullshit.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2