The new airline thread

FUSEPLUG

On 9/25/2024 at 5:19 PM, SocialD said:

Hate to see the SWA bros get displaced out of their base, commuting is the single worst thing about this job.  Fuse, are they going to pump up BNA numbers to help absorb displacements?  

Late to ask… Pump the numbers up even more into BNA, heck why not. I got bumped out of employee parking when they were bringing in 4-500+ crew members this past Spring. It was definitely more convenient despite paying more than I do now finding my own parking. 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:42 PM, Springer said:

Long forgotten as my goal was to retire early anyway.  Stayed single in a target rich environment, no kids, lived well BYM, and retired at 59.  Enjoyed the job but have never missed it. 

Multi millionaire DAL brother in-law recently found out he has cancer two years passed age 65 retirement.  Changes everything.

Well done! That is pure reality and thank you for sharing. No one knows when your times up so enjoy everyday as much as possible. Too many ways to unknowingly depart the fix which is an absolute. Fortunately I myself have been blessed beyond what I deserve and know it. Went thru a normally inconsequential surgical procedure last summer which turned into a debacle (not the medical teams fault, things go awry at times.) Although it was a bit disturbing, my transition to a strong OneLife viewpoint nearly a decade ago stayed the course afterwards. Airline wise it will be different for me than most as I will most likely miss this job as I enjoy most of the attributes that it brings as it fits like a glove beyond the so called work itself. Having two to three weeks off in between or more and wanting to jump back in says a lot. Rather be lucky than good especially when you might be no good 😉

*May you find your sweet spot and relish the time you have. Not everything needs to be rushed. “Live Like You Were Dying” - Tim McGraw song makes sense.

Edited by AirGuardianC141747
  • Like 3