Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

3 hours ago, M2 said:

Air Force 2-star accused of sexual assault won’t be allowed to retire

image.thumb.jpeg.f64e9533d566deafcaa46b5ff551c084.jpeg

An Air Force two-star general who sought to retire in lieu of facing court-martial on sexual assault and other charges has had his request denied.

Maj. Gen. Phillip Stewart is scheduled to appear in military court June 17 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. Stewart in January filed paperwork with Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall asking to retire as his case was headed to arraignment, but that request was denied in February, Sherilyn Bunn, one of Stewart’s civilian lawyers, told Air Force Times... (full story at title link)

p.s.  Stewart will be tried by a jury of his "peers" — a panel of two-, three- and four-star generals who have served in uniform at least as long as he has.

Seems like a big waste of time to have a bunch of flag officers tied up in a trial for another flag officer who couldn't keep his pecker in his pants. But on the other hand, I hope IF he is found guilty, they stick his head on traitor's gate or Leavenworth as stern warning to other Generals that they are not omnipotent. Plus, Mother USAF could do some soul searching to find out why these guys keep reaching these positions. But I would not be surprised if the jury circles the wagons to protect one of their own with an acquittal and retirement in grade.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Seems like a big waste of time to have a bunch of flag officers tied up in a trial for another flag officer who couldn't keep his pecker in his pants. But on the other hand, I hope IF he is found guilty, they stick his head on traitor's gate or Leavenworth as stern warning to other Generals that they are not omnipotent. Plus, Mother USAF could do some soul searching to find out why these guys keep reaching these positions. But I would not be surprised if the jury circles the wagons to protect one of their own with an acquittal and retirement in grade.

His Article 32 hearing didn't go well for the prosecution. This is just a general who doesn't want to be the one to "prevent justice."

Posted (edited)

The standard for an article 32 hearing is very low, so the fact that the article 32 hearing recommended no court martial and was ignored by leadership - stupid.  The AF wants its pound of flesh, and continues to prosecute cases that have no business in a courtroom.

Edited by flyusaf83

• 4 weeks later...

What do you do shortly after taking command of the 19th SOS...

Also, how sad that the Sheriff's Office in the county next to "Hurlburt" for 71 years, and where a large number of county residents reside, does not know how to spell the name of the base.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 2.24.14 PM.png

Cruelty toward child.

That's not good for business.

20 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The RUMINT local is he strangled the child.

JFC!

On 6/25/2024 at 9:58 AM, ClearedHot said:

The RUMINT local is he strangled the child.

Woah, hope that's fake news.  If true...have fun with the sex in prison!

Sadly, the RUMINT appears to have been correct.  Choked his wife and one of the kids after threatening one of the kids with a knife.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-commander-arrest/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2rHg1JhqYYayGPFOzdEIxjXRb-krMCQ0OEZc0p-wWhrmG90vrdSqCEZDE_aem_PwOT72aP4x2wwD8QDmDK6Q

Being blacked out drunk with mental issues in the military can lead to an interesting night.   

I don't know the dude at all but a lot of guys/girls that fought in the fight the last 23 years, or flew dangerous missions, have ptsd.   Undiagnosed ptsd.   Get help if you need it, don't wake up in jail.  That's a hard place to figure out your mental issues.   

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Being blacked out drunk with mental issues in the military can lead to an interesting night.   

I don't know the dude at all but a lot of guys/girls that fought in the fight the last 23 years, or flew dangerous missions, have ptsd.   Undiagnosed ptsd.   Get help if you need it, don't wake up in jail.  That's a hard place to figure out your mental issues.   

I am actually surprised it has not been a bigger problem in our community.  20 straight years of combat deployments for LDHD units takes a toll.  Killing people is not a pick up game and watching your work on ever increasing resolution cameras makes it personal.  I did 9 deployments through the years, was fortunate to have breaks along the way for school/staff....other were in a grind for year son end...90 on 90 off, 60 on 60 off...for MANY years.

Same issue for the UAS folks who in many regards have it worse.  Folks flying airplanes typically have the transit time home from a deployment to start the decompression process.  UAS dudes can sit at the kitchen table eating breakfast with their kids, go to work, suddenly they get the call to kill a dude they have been watching for a month.  They turn the dude into hamburger and spend the next four hours watching the body to see who comes to collect him...often with his family watching and grieving.  They leave the GSU, drive home and are eating dinner 20 minutes later when their kid asks "how was your day Mom/Dad?

• Upvote 6

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/air-force-general-phillip-stewart-sentencing/

A military judged sentenced an Air Force general on June 29 to a reprimand, restriction to Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas, for two months, and $10,000 forfeiture of pay per month for 6 months, Air Education and Training Command said in a statement. 

Maj. Gen. Phillip Stewart, the first general in Air Force history to face a court-martial by jury, was found guilty earlier in the day on one count of Article 133 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, conduct unbecoming an officer for inviting a subordinate to spend the night with him; and a count of Article 92, dereliction of duty, for controlling an aircraft within 12 hours after consuming alcohol.

The eight-general panel—the military term for a jury—found Stewart not guilty of two counts of Article 120, which forbids sexual assault. Six of the eight members of the panel had to vote that Stewart was guilty of a crime in order for him to be convicted.

Shocker, his exec is married and the husband found out. It's mostly likely she lied saying it wasn't consensual sex during the investigation to get out of any adultery charge, which then added the Article 120 charge that walked him into a court martial. As someone who went through something similar, but wasn't retirement-eligible and got booted, I don't share much empathy since he'll probably retire an O-6 after a grade determination once he applies to retire. The shitty part is if it was true that his exec lied, she'll never be punished for it and her career won't be affected at all.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Shocker, his exec is married and the husband found out. It's mostly likely she lied saying it wasn't consensual sex during the investigation to get out of any adultery charge, which then added the Article 120 charge that walked him into a court martial. As someone who went through something similar, but wasn't retirement-eligible and got booted, I don't share much empathy since he'll probably retire an O-6 after a grade determination once he applies to retire. The shitty part is if it was true that his exec lied, she'll never be punished for it and her career won't be affected at all.

Yeah, but was she hot?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Yeah, but was she hot?

At the end of the day, this is all that matters. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 5:03 AM, M2 said:

Air Force 2-star accused of sexual assault won’t be allowed to retire

image.thumb.jpeg.f64e9533d566deafcaa46b5ff551c084.jpeg

An Air Force two-star general who sought to retire in lieu of facing court-martial on sexual assault and other charges has had his request denied.

Maj. Gen. Phillip Stewart is scheduled to appear in military court June 17 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. Stewart in January filed paperwork with Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall asking to retire as his case was headed to arraignment, but that request was denied in February, Sherilyn Bunn, one of Stewart’s civilian lawyers, told Air Force Times... (full story at title link)

p.s.  Stewart will be tried by a jury of his "peers" — a panel of two-, three- and four-star generals who have served in uniform at least as long as he has.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/air-force-general-court-martialed-for-assuming-control-of-c-17-too-soon-after-drinking/

Are we sure this guy isn’t a loadmaster?  

Edited by Biff_T
  • Haha 3

On 7/1/2024 at 8:58 PM, Sua Sponte said:

That's the part that incenses me about that whole ordeal. The backstory is this female O-5 was fine with the whole TDY fun, while estranged from the husband anyways, husband of the female O found out, and someone now wanted to save face. Hell hath no fury like a female O scorned. Honestly should have punched the real ticket if you're gonna go through the legal trouble, but I'm gonna plead the 1 2 3 fo fif at this juncture and digress.

Upon getting pinched by the hubby, she tried to cook the flag-O with a fraud SA allegation. That alone should land HER with a CM. But they lined her up good to testify against him and make an example of his imprudence. Latter which in this day and age honestly, at this level of female military membership, is long overdue for overhaul anyways. Bunch of anachronistic hem and haw of little operational import.

I am indeed biased, I hold a false allegation of SA in much lower regard than the regular occurrence of military fraternization (and/or by-proxy adultery) that we're all aware of or privately guilty of, that nobody cares about on the daily, and that civilians don't even consider a crime. People can spare me the pearl clutching about "sexual temperance" in work life; go sell that warrior monk shit to someone else.

I have seen it in my own squadron, what false allegations of domestic violence or SA can yield. Absolute waste of govt resources just because some Basic housewife and their like-clockwork mid life crisis didn't get her way on the divorce proceeding she initiated in the first place. Once acquited, zero effective recourse for these members for the pre-judicial harm done onto their lives and careers, as the military punishes you adminstratively while navigating hell through an eventual acquital.

Given flag-O is gonna be restricted to RND for the next 60 days, remind me to shake his hand next time I see him getting gas at the Valero while I wait for the BK parolees to bag my nuggets on my next out n back 😄. I'd still take this guy over 'ol instagram scouring, artice 15 handing sourpuss  Willie boy any day of the week and twice on sunday. And I digress again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Can you copy and paste the article?  I don't have a subscription. 

@huggy - Just close the popup and you can read it without a subscription.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1