The Iran thread

Clark Griswold

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

If you believe the press, sure.

One hell of an air launched munition.  Not saying its impossible but more probable that a placed explosive was used.  Just based off the timing needed.  

image.png.7e85a2b975befd314762aaeca31dc36f.png

Edited by uhhello

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

If you believe the press, sure.

Is this going to be like the secret Russian pipeline maintenance bombs that "government sources" were seeding as the the cause of the Nordstream explosions?

Edited by Lord Ratner

3 hours ago, uhhello said:

One hell of an air launched munition.  Not saying its impossible but more probable that a placed explosive was used.  Just based off the timing needed.  

image.png.7e85a2b975befd314762aaeca31dc36f.png

Not sure what you mean by "one hell of an air launched munition" other than to guess you don't know much about current air launched munitions.  We and the Israeli's have been targeting specific windows and floors for a LONG time.

Just now, ClearedHot said:

Not sure what you mean by "one hell of an air launched munition" other than to guess you don't know much about current air launched munitions.  We and the Israeli's have been targeting specific windows and floors for a LONG time.

Really, wasn't aware.  Thanks.  Which do you think is more logical?  A 1,000 plus mile sortie like you said for a time sensitive target or a planted bomb.  Could be either but I'm leaning towards a planted bomb.  Never said your version isn't possible. 

49 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Really, wasn't aware.  Thanks.  Which do you think is more logical?  A 1,000 plus mile sortie like you said for a time sensitive target or a planted bomb.  Could be either but I'm leaning towards a planted bomb.  Never said your version isn't possible. 

We have invested crazy money into doing some very incredible things with munitions.  At an unclass level we have fuzes can count the number of floor a weapon has penetrated.  Targeting specific windows/rooms is another game we are very good at.  1,000 mile is a long way and there are several things (tanker location that night), that have been reported and now some taken down that indicate F-35's were in play that night.  One other data point is open source - "To further extend the F-35’s range, Lockheed Martin is exploring an innovative concept from Israel, of using unique drop tanks, developed by Elbit Systems Cyclone. Designed in a similar concept to the F-22 under-wing drop tanks, these tanks, each containing 425 gal. of fuel, will use special attachment pylons that would completely separate from the wing, regaining full stealth capability after separation. An additional 900 gal. of fuel will significantly extend the F-35I range, enabling the IAF to operate its new stealth fighter at the “outer ring” of operation without mandatory aerial refueling."

I think either scenario could have happened, perhaps a combination of both.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

We have invested crazy money into doing some very incredible things with munitions.  At an unclass level we have fuzes can count the number of floor a weapon has penetrated.  Targeting specific windows/rooms is another game we are very good at.  1,000 mile is a long way and there are several things (tanker location that night), that have been reported and now some taken down that indicate F-35's were in play that night.  One other data point is open source - "To further extend the F-35’s range, Lockheed Martin is exploring an innovative concept from Israel, of using unique drop tanks, developed by Elbit Systems Cyclone. Designed in a similar concept to the F-22 under-wing drop tanks, these tanks, each containing 425 gal. of fuel, will use special attachment pylons that would completely separate from the wing, regaining full stealth capability after separation. An additional 900 gal. of fuel will significantly extend the F-35I range, enabling the IAF to operate its new stealth fighter at the “outer ring” of operation without mandatory aerial refueling."

I think either scenario could have happened, perhaps a combination of both.

First sentence was sarcasm 🙂 Just think the timing aspect was too much of a hurdle.  Not impossible.  

No matter F-35 delivered munition or 2 month prior delivery by Amazon, doesn't matter.  What does matter is Iran was known as the safest of havens for terrorists and one of the Hamas leaders took the room temperature challenge and lost in Tehran.  Israel has fully implemented the FO part of FAFO much to the dismay of the surviving dirtbags.  Hopefully, more Hamas barbarians will get the invitation to meet Allah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

No matter F-35 delivered munition or 2 month prior delivery by Amazon, doesn't matter.  What does matter is Iran was known as the safest of havens for terrorists and one of the Hamas leaders took the room temperature challenge and lost in Tehran.  Israel has fully implemented the FO part of FAFO much to the dismay of the surviving dirtbags.  Hopefully, more Hamas barbarians will get the invitation to meet Allah.

Gotta be a shitty life to be a shitbag going against Israel.  No safe haven ever.  Love it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

"The televised statement, which reiterated a call for retaliation, said a rocket with a seven-kilogram (about 15-pound) warhead was used to target the residence of Hamas' political leader in the capital Tehran on Wednesday, adding it caused heavy devastation."

Iranian Channels are claiming that the Commander of the Iranian Police Special Units, Hassan Karami, has been Arrested by Members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on Charges of Spying and Collaborating with the Israel Intelligence Service, Mossad.

50 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

You guys think Iran already has a nuke?

I doubt it. The whole purpose of a nuke for them would be deterrence, so keeping a secret wouldn't make much sense.

The only wrinkle to that would be if they truly cared more about annihilating Israel, in which case the secret would help them smuggle it in. But I have a hard time believing that. The Iranians have demonstrated consistently over the decades that they want to stay in power more than they want to fulfill whatever Allah has planned.

8 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

The only wrinkle to that would be if they truly cared more about annihilating Israel, in which case the secret would help them smuggle it in. But I have a hard time believing that.

I tend to think the same. The main caveat being that the Iranian regime is not a monolith: some of them are hard-core enough to pull the trigger.

regardless, it's fair to say that their nuclear status remains an open question. And that uncertainty introduces additional uncertainty to calculations about preemptive strikes and response and things of that nature.

An additional possibility is that they already have it but currently fear the ramifications of sanctions and or even it impacting the election in Trump's favor and are saving the revelation to the world for when they (the regime) feels actually threatened.

1 hour ago, Smokin said:

An additional possibility is that they already have it but currently fear the ramifications of sanctions and or even it impacting the election in Trump's favor and are saving the revelation to the world for when they (the regime) feels actually threatened.

I'm pretty sure if Israel thought they had or were at end stages of having it, that capability would be set back.  They have everything to lose by allowing them the big boomer.  

• Upvote 1

Additionally, I would be shocked if they had a nuke and Israel didn't know about it. 

That's not an easy thing to keep under wraps, and the Israelis haven't had much of a problem in the past finding out about, and impeding Iran's nuclear ambitions.

For all the shit he gets, Netanyahu is not some belligerent warmonger. If he thought Iran had a nuke and there was any chance of that type of escalation, they wouldn't be hitting them so hard. Especially when your most important ally (USA) is having an identity crisis and you honestly can't tell whether or not they have your back.

• Upvote 3