The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

On 6/2/2024 at 8:45 PM, arg said:

Dibs!!!!

Helos belong in the mountains.  

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

All you wack-a-doodle liberals who argue the military is not going woke please punch yourself in the junk.

Pentagon slammed over woke plan to use US troops as 'guinea pigs' to eat lab-grown meat

I'm pretty sure I ate lab grown meat while deployed.    With some weird cross-eyed TCN holding the serving spoon.   

Where's the puking response?

It is amazing that so many people are eager to become vegetarians, constantly tell you about it as if that make superior or they project that you care, and then they go to extreme efforts to still eat "meat".  If I give up eating vegetables because they're far more likely to give you food poisoning than meat, you won't find me making pretend broccoli out of my deer burger.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Smokin said:

Where's the puking response?

It is amazing that so many people are eager to become vegetarians, constantly tell you about it as if that make superior or they project that you care, and then they go to extreme efforts to still eat "meat".  If I give up eating vegetables because they're far more likely to give you food poisoning than meat, you won't find me making pretend broccoli out of my deer burger.

This

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13647349/California-school-punished-girl-black-lives-matter-drawing.html

Judge Carter wrote: 'An elementary school … is not a marketplace of ideas... Thus, the downsides of regulating speech there is not as significant as it is in high schools, where students are approaching voting age and controversial speech could spark conducive conversation.'

Moreover, Judge Carter wrote, 'a parent might second-guess (the principal’s) conclusion, but his decision to discipline B.B. belongs to him, not the federal courts.'

Carter added that 'Undoubtedly, B.B.'s intentions were innocent... B.B. testified that she gifted the Drawing to M.C. to make her feel comfortable after her class learned about Martin Luther King Jr.'

B.B. was punished by her school after her friend, known as M.C. in the suit, took the picture home, where a parent saw it and found it offensive, emailing the school and demanding they take action.

This prompted principal Jesus Becerra to tell B.B. the drawing was inappropriate and racist. He then punished B.B. by making her publicly apologize on the playground to her classmates and teachers. B.B. was also banned from recess and from drawing pictures for two weeks.

More ridiculousness, and I am surprised no one ever created an account on here using that name...

Disney changes name of 'offensive' character after 50 years

Disney has changed the name of one of its decades-old characters after being deemed "offensive" and "derogatory."

Following a seven-month refurbishment at Disney World, 'Liver Lips McGrowl' did not make a return on the Country Bear Jamboree attraction.

"The decision to remove Liver Lips McGrowl was driven by concerns over the character’s name," they wrote in a statement. 'Liver lips' is said to be associated with excessive alcohol consumption, leading to liver damage.

image.png.8d06bed09003cfefd98470a7293661c2.png

Here's to Liver Lips!! 🍻🍻

USS Eisenhower pilot became the first American woman to score air-to-air kill

A female Naval aviator with Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 32 became the first woman in the U.S. military to score an air-to-air victory in combat. The aviator, who the Navy has not named, shot down a one-way attack drone fired by Houthi forces against commercial ships passing through the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, using an F/A-18F Super Hornet.

“The success of the entire squadron over the past nine months is a testament to all the members of the command and their friends and family at home that support them,” Cmdr. Jason Hoch, leader of the squadron, said in a Navy release. “I couldn’t be prouder of the Swordsmen’s performance day-in and day-out in incredibly demanding conditions. We proved over and over again that the flexibility a carrier strike group brings to the fight is unmatched, and that is solely due to the highly trained and motivated Sailors who go above and beyond the call of duty each and every day.”

Rut-roh!  Did he say "SwordsMEN?!?" 🫢🫢🫢 

By the way, it's been done...back in 1942!

Lydia Litvyak - Wikipedia

20 minutes ago, M2 said:

Here's to Liver Lips!! 🍻🍻

They are trying to erase the Irish from the historic annals of Disney. 

McGrowl, I think his family came from Galway. 

• Thanks 1

Pentagon to review 20 Medals of Honor from Wounded Knee Massacre

The wokeness...

“It’s never too late to do what’s right,” an unnamed senior defense official said in a statement Wednesday. “And that’s what is intended by the review that the secretary directed, which is to ensure that we go back and review each of these medals in a rigorous and individualized manner.”

Of course, actions from the last two decades which may merit the Medal of Honor don't rate such time critical attention by the Pentagon! 😡😡😡

Such as...

Sergeant Rafael Peralta

main-qimg-9740c5fcfc94b270f35d00c393420996-lq

While clearing houses in the second battle for Fallujah (Operation Phantom Fury) Sgt Peralta was shot by insurgents and was severely wounded. In the ensuing firefight a grenade was thrown into the room with Peralta and his Marines. Sgt Peralta pulled the grenade under him to absorb the grenade blast and was killed instantly.

Sgt Peralta was nominated for the Medal of Honor by Lt Gen Natonski based on the reports. The nomination was later denied under review when some reviewers (who were not at the incident) believed Peralta was already clinically dead when the grenade was thrown. The award was downgraded to a Navy Cross. Multiple requests for a reconsideration were denied and after years of denials, Peralta’s family received his Navy Cross.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2024 at 6:44 AM, M2 said:

MSN took it down, but I found the updated article and added its link...

https://www.rd.com/list/popular-songs-you-didnt-realize-are-racist/

Why, by the way, includes "why Black History Month shouldn’t be a single month!".

Phil Collins, otherwise known as the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.  

David Bowie had a black wife.   For a long time.  They were still together when he died.   

Brown Sugar, by the Rolling Stones, is about heroin.

The person who wrote this article is retarded.   

On 7/25/2024 at 6:50 AM, M2 said:

Pentagon to review 20 Medals of Honor from Wounded Knee Massacre

The wokeness...

“It’s never too late to do what’s right,” an unnamed senior defense official said in a statement Wednesday. “And that’s what is intended by the review that the secretary directed, which is to ensure that we go back and review each of these medals in a rigorous and individualized manner.”

Of course, actions from the last two decades which may merit the Medal of Honor don't rate such time critical attention by the Pentagon! 😡😡😡

Such as...

Sergeant Rafael Peralta

main-qimg-9740c5fcfc94b270f35d00c393420996-lq

While clearing houses in the second battle for Fallujah (Operation Phantom Fury) Sgt Peralta was shot by insurgents and was severely wounded. In the ensuing firefight a grenade was thrown into the room with Peralta and his Marines. Sgt Peralta pulled the grenade under him to absorb the grenade blast and was killed instantly.

Sgt Peralta was nominated for the Medal of Honor by Lt Gen Natonski based on the reports. The nomination was later denied under review when some reviewers (who were not at the incident) believed Peralta was already clinically dead when the grenade was thrown. The award was downgraded to a Navy Cross. Multiple requests for a reconsideration were denied and after years of denials, Peralta’s family received his Navy Cross.

Fuck the person who decided Sgt Peralta wasnt the right kind of dead when he was destroyed by a grenade.  Fuck them to death.  If you (said non combatant) ever reads this, PM me.  Im serious.    

I'm pretty sure Brown Sugar is about interracial sex in the antebellum South.  For reference here's the first verse:

Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver know he's doin' alright
Hear him whip the women, just around midnight

They forgot this, the most racist song ever, the Ice Cream song!!

I was going to post a video about it, but on second thought I decided that wouldn't be the best idea.  

Anyone interested and possessing the most basic GoogleFu skills will be able to find out what I am referring to.   

NPR even did an article about it back in 2014...