World War III Updates

gearhog

Curious to see what Israel does tonight/tomorrow.  There was an early and most likely wrong report that Israel struck Surface to Air defenses near an Iran nuclear site, but the timing doesn't make sense.  Iran is already trying to signal that was end of their response but Israel won't sit back and take the largest TBM strike in history.  God speed to our folks who will be in the middle of the mess.

I’m not smart on TBMs, can someone familiar with the technology explain the high miss rate?  Is their targeting bad or is it intentional, or is the Iron Dome that good?  I’d expect hundreds of TBMs lobbed at an urban area to result in mass casualties/destruction, but this and the (mostly intercepted) April attack seem ineffective.  I don’t know what to make this, but it appears Iran is completely incompetent.

Edited by tac airlifter

40 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

I’m not smart on TBMs, can someone familiar with the technology explain the high miss rate?  Is their targeting bad or is it intentional, or is the Iron Dome that good?  I’d expect hundreds of TBMs lobbed at an urban area to result in mass casualties/destruction, but this and the (mostly intercepted) April attack seem ineffective.  I don’t know what to make this, but it appears Iran is completely incompetent.

Multiple factors here:

First, Iran does not want to escalate into openly armed conflict with either the U.S nor Israel. They want to poke the bear enough and save face enough without having to expend significant resources and lives in such a conflict. They are cowards but smart cowards. 

Second, yes the Iron Dome is pretty darn good. They are constantly upgrading it and we are helping them with it. 

Third, we have multiple Fighter Squadrons deployed here with their radars pointed towards Iran after alerted. They’ve done a fantastic job eliminating most threats flying from the East. They’ve been supported by an increased Joint Early Warning presence between Cruiser Destroyers, E-2s, etc. Iran is also learning how to circumvent this increased presence. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dream big said:

Multiple factors here:

First, Iran does not want to escalate into openly armed conflict with either the U.S nor Israel. They want to poke the bear enough and save face enough without having to expend significant resources and lives in such a conflict. They are cowards but smart cowards. 

Second, yes the Iron Dome is pretty darn good. They are constantly upgrading it and we are helping them with it. 

Third, we have multiple Fighter Squadrons deployed here with their radars pointed towards Iran after alerted. They’ve done a fantastic job eliminating most threats flying from the East. They’ve been supported by an increased Joint Early Warning presence between Cruiser Destroyers, E-2s, etc. Iran is also learning how to circumvent this increased presence. 

Copy points 2 & 3 and the robust intercept capability; but for point one are you saying Iran is intentionally missing?  

18 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Copy points 2 & 3 and the robust intercept capability; but for point one are you saying Iran is intentionally missing?  

From what I can see on unclass side, it appears nothing was targeted at urban areas except for the mossad headquarters.  The airbases got hit pretty hard with one confirmed runway hit but 'apparently' no real damage.  They were able to hit some targets back during the Al Assad attack so they are capable but it does seem strange.  Hard to tell if incompetent or intentional poor targeting for some.  They had to know that they had already poked the bear and regardless of the BDA, they were going to get a substantial strike back with nothing to show for it.  

Edited by uhhello

Iron Dome is for smaller threats, David's Sling for medium range threats, and The Arrow for longer range threats.  Google says the latter two were developed in the U.S.  How all that worked against the Iranian missiles, I have no idea.

And now they're saying that the guy who replaced Solemani was perhaps a Mossad agent? Imagine if that was the setup from the get-go to get him in there...smoke Solemani in order to place our guy as the head of the Quds forces...wow.

1 hour ago, ViperMan said:

And now they're saying that the guy who replaced Solemani was perhaps a Mossad agent? Imagine if that was the setup from the get-go to get him in there...smoke Solemani in order to place our guy as the head of the Quds forces...wow.

Israel with the ultimate game of F@ck Around and Find Out.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 10/11/2024 at 12:36 PM, ViperMan said:

Or they've planted that story so his own people burn him; wouldn't be the first time!  A kills a kill and all that 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, M2 said:

Had to ID the asshole from his DNA!  🤣🤣🤣

image.png.1bb0369ff7275bc86531dc1c8d5b8c06.png

Good fucking riddance! 

He was very identifible but I'm sure confirmed by DNA.  There is a picture out there.  Dude took a giant projectile or frag which made a solid 6 inch hole in top of forehead.  

• Upvote 1

I think its obvious that the the last thing that went through his mind was......high velocity

I would say probably a sudden breeze of wind

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk