College Football

O Face

1 hour ago, M2 said:

And someone is going to ID this guy (he deleted his X account after yesterday's loss) and hold him to his word!!

image.png.5e6278d8674bc5ac7453a3f984119133.png

image.thumb.png.c815a1757a86695c5fcda2c90b8ba830.png

Classic...ESPN has launched a "missing persons investigation."  It looks like they took screen shots of everything and have reached out to friends in some of his old posts.  Bro...Don't rage quit, take your beating like a man!

Public Disclaimer to avoid future doxxing: I am not saying Miami is back, thanks to this weekend the pain of last year's failure to take a knee and ice the game is finally subsiding.  Football is life!

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 1.14.58 PM.png

I didn’t think we could take an L during a bye week but yesterday had a 4* DL decommit and commit to Texas. 😂

At least ND takes the spot light off us for a bit!

Tennessee looked stout.

On 9/8/2024 at 12:49 PM, VMFA187 said:

At least ND takes the spot light off us for a bit!

That Notre Dame loss…Hilarious. I’ve already read a few articles saying they can still make the playoffs if they run the table and other classic ND apologist horseshit. Their schedule is a cake walk and they just lost, in South Bend, to the easiest team on it.  It was great watching Deion and his kids get their ass kicked again too!  Talking about stout, Texas looked fantastic. I know UM is far from last year’s team, but damn. 

Edited by O Face
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, O Face said:

That Notre Dame loss…Hilarious. I’ve already read a few articles saying they can still make the playoffs if they run the table and other classic ND apologist horseshit. Their schedule is a cake walk and they just lost, in South Bend, to the easiest team on it.  It was great watching Deion and his kids get their ass kicked again too!  Talking about stout, Texas looked fantastic. I know UM is far from last year’s team, but damn. 

The best time of the year.  GA V Texas is going to be a clash...SEC teams will beat the crap out of each other the next 7 weeks.

FSU has a culture problem, it started last year when they cried foul about being left out but all their starters refused to play...that is a rot at the heart of the program.  Will be interesting to see if Mike can turn them around.

ND can suck it.  You paid $1.4M to get your arse kicked...so tired of the sweetheart treatment they get.

Michigan looked like a JV team...I wonder if they will hire someone to break radio codes now that they can't steal signs.

Miami looks good but our schedule is too easy, our last 8 games are ACC teams, Florida was meant to be a tough game but FAMU, USF and Ball State?  I get having a powder-puff team early that you pay to take a beating and tweak your team but we need another tough challenge outside the ACC if we want to be relevant. 

Bets on how long Billy Napier lasts, he has a buzz saw schedule and the Gators will lost many more games if they keep playing like they have been.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The best time of the year.  GA V Texas is going to be a clash...SEC teams will beat the crap out of each other the next 7 weeks.

FSU has a culture problem, it started last year when they cried foul about being left out but all their starters refused to play...that is a rot at the heart of the program.  Will be interesting to see if Mike can turn them around.

ND can suck it.  You paid $1.4M to get your arse kicked...so tired of the sweetheart treatment they get.

Michigan looked like a JV team...I wonder if they will hire someone to break radio codes now that they can't steal signs.

Miami looks good but our schedule is too easy, our last 8 games are ACC teams, Florida was meant to be a tough game but FAMU, USF and Ball State?  I get having a powder-puff team early that you pay to take a beating and tweak your team but we need another tough challenge outside the ACC if we want to be relevant. 

Bets on how long Billy Napier lasts, he has a buzz saw schedule and the Gators will lost many more games if they keep playing like they have been.

Agree to all!  My money’s on a midseason firing of Napier. 

On 9/10/2024 at 5:36 AM, ClearedHot said:

I'll offer a counter-argument, I don't think Norvell and FSU have a culture problem. 

He took the reigns of a program in dire straights during COVID and zero ability to recruit in person. During his early tenure we replaced our AD, President, and the President of the boosters. He beat LSU twice and OU, which Saint Bowden was never able to do. We have had zero off field incidents since he has been here and the academic performance of the players has two years in a row broken records. He won 19 games in a row and went undefeated last year despite losing an NFL quarterback. 

Our problem is HS recruiting. We haven't had enough blue chip talent remain committed to the school, which is largely due to Norvell not holding his staff accountable. For that reason we don't have leaders who have been in the program for a long enough period of time, who are strong or great players, to lead the team. 

Saturday will be a big game for Norvell and we'll be better able to assess if losing by a walk off FG to a team in another country during week zero, and getting blown out by a team who has prepped for FSU for eight months was a one-off or not. Regardless, he has to hold his staff accountable, if they can't recruit, they can't stay. 

Will also be curious how Miami's NIL holds up with its mega-donor, John Ruiz, likely having his company go into bankruptcy. Sounds like in a single year he spent over $10m on Miami student athletes. That's about half of what top tier programs, i.e., OSU, appear to be spending, and about as much ($12m) as FSU can or has spent in the last year. 

Edited by VMFA187

6 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

I'll offer a counter-argument, I don't think Norvell and FSU have a culture problem. 

He took the reigns of a program in dire straights during COVID and zero ability to recruit in person. During his early tenure we replaced our AD, President, and the President of the boosters. He beat LSU twice and OU, which Saint Bowden was never able to do. We have had zero off field incidents since he has been here and the academic performance of the players has two years in a row broken records. He won 19 games in a row and went undefeated last year despite losing an NFL quarterback. 

Our problem is HS recruiting. We haven't had enough blue chip talent remain committed to the school, which is largely due to Norvell not holding his staff accountable. For that reason we don't have leaders who have been in the program for a long enough period of time, who are strong or great players, to lead the team. 

Saturday will be a big game for Norvell and we'll be better able to assess if losing by a walk off FG to a team in another country during week zero, and getting blown out by a team who has prepped for FSU for eight months was a one-off or not. Regardless, he has to hold his staff accountable, if they can't recruit, they can't stay. 

Your problem is most of your starters bailed on the program for the bowl game while everyone from UGA showed up....it says a LOT about the culture of a program.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Your problem is most of your starters bailed on the program for the bowl game while everyone from UGA showed up....it says a LOT about the culture of a program.

Agree to disagree. If I had a possibility of making millions at the next level, I’d have a hard time justifying an injury in a game that meant nothing. Georgia shouldn’t have lost to Alabama.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Agree to disagree. If I had a possibility of making millions at the next level, I’d have a hard time justifying an injury in a game that meant nothing. Georgia shouldn’t have lost to Alabama.

ALL of the Georgia Players justified the risk of injury for a "meaningless game"....that is the culture of their program.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

ALL of the Georgia Players justified the risk of injury for a "meaningless game"....that is the culture of their program.

They had something to prove because they had just lost their first game in about three years. And no, not all of their players played.

56 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

They had something to prove because they had just lost their first game in about three years. And no, not all of their players played.

FSU had something to prove because they cried about being left out.  Ga had TWO players opt out for the NFL draft...all the others were transfer portal.

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

FSU had something to prove because they cried about being left out.  Ga had TWO players opt out for the NFL draft...all the others were transfer portal.

Just saw a complete lack of tackling. You may be right.