College Football

O Face

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Does it really matter, the SEC bias is going to put as many SEC teams in the playoff as possible.  We will see at 1300 but the poll projections have Alabama and Georgia in the top five, above undefeated Miami.  I get it, Alabama had a quality win against Georgia, but they lost to Vanderbilt...who was 2-2 and until last night, was 0-60 against top 5 opponents, let alone a #1.  Somehow that is not a bad enough loss to drop them below several undefeated teams.  Gimme a freaking break. 

I’m no Bama fan, or UGA and I think we all knew Tenn was a poser, and MO’s days were numbered. I agree, you lose to Vandy, you should drop completely out of the top 25, and sadly, the polls do matter, somewhat. I guess we can call it SEC bias, but their brand of football has been a little better, and in a good conference there should be a lot of upsets.   I’m just glad we got 3 times as many playoff games this year, so we can watch these boys hash out their differences. 

Edited by O Face

2 hours ago, O Face said:

I’m no Bama fan, or UGA and I think we all knew Tenn was a poser, and MO’s days were numbered. I agree, you lose to Vandy, you should drop completely out of the top 25, and sadly, the polls do matter, somewhat. I guess we can call it SEC bias, but their brand of football has been a little better, and in a good conference there should be a lot of upsets.   I’m just glad we got 3 times as many playoff games this year, so we can watch these boys hash out their differences. 

As predicted...FIVE one loss SEC teams in the Top 10, including two that were upset by unranked opponents.

College football rankings after Week 6

Coaches Poll

1. Texas
  2. Ohio State
  3. Oregon
  4. Georgia
  5. Penn State
  6. Miami
  7. Alabama
  8. Ole Miss
  9. Tennessee
  10. LSU
2 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

That ACC reffing crew should be fired. If you're gonna throw the game to prop up miami, at least don't make it so obvious. Especially not on a safety issue no call.

Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 12.11.11 PM.png

Alabama player showing some class.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 12.11.11 PM.png

Alabama player showing some class.

I do hate teams with no class who need refs on the payroll to help them win games. So yes, not a fan of Miami.

Also, a Miami fan lamenting another team showing no class is like Harvey Weinstein becoming an outspoken member of the #meetoo movement..

Edited by Boomer6
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

I do hate teams with no class who need refs on the payroll to help them win games. So yes, not a fan of Miami.

Also, a Miami fan lamenting another team showing no class is like Harvey Weinstein becoming an outspoken member of the #meetoo movement..

Let that butthurt flow! 

Let me guess, you are an Amherst College Grad/Fan

On 10/6/2024 at 4:48 AM, ClearedHot said:

FSU.jpg

IMG_9632.jpg

Enjoy it while it lasts. Looking forward to you dropping games when you play actual competition. Granted, that probably won't be us this year.

Former Miami player keeping up the tradition. You stay classy miami. 

50 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Looking forward to you dropping games when you play actual competition. Granted, that probably won't be us this year.

Still won't be 1-5, what an epic collapse...undefeated and suing to leave the ACC to a 1-5 dreg in last place.  Hope the lawsuit works out for you.  I have not and will not say Miami is going to win the Natty...long road ahead but they have been playing good ball and have finally had some calls go there way (The Pass Interference called two minutes after the play ended in the bowl game against Ohio State still hurts).  I actually think FSU will rise to the occasion for the Miami game and I am concerned.

53 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Former Miami player keeping up the tradition. You stay classy miami. 

So a guy doesn't fit the Miami culture so he leaves and becomes the 7th player at UGA to be arrest this year and you blame Miami?  GTFO

It is ironic when beanbags like you share that false narrative.  You might want to look int he mirror, but you won't like what you see.  From 2006 to 2014 FSU was #2 on the list of schools with the most violent players with 66 football and basketball players arrested (UF was #1).  Miami was not even in the top 25.

24/7 sports tracks also college football player arrests in more recent years...guess who is #22 on the list...FSU with 19 arrests since 2015!  Miami isn't even in the top 50 with 6 arrests. 

I know you can't put your hate aside but please recall I advocated for FSU last year when they were undefeated know FSU is having a crap year but at least be honest and stop making up tripe so you don't become the Kamala Harris of this thread...let me guess "you were raised a middle class..."

IMG_7457.JPG.a06e1e6a69bf71c8406fc96cd0847215.JPG

11 hours ago, O Face said:

IMG_5383.thumb.jpeg.b80a9e34d0130750b6310b07ac52362a.jpeg

Looking forward to this one Saturday!  Who you boys got?

Clash of titans, Oregon does not get the press they deserve AND they are playing at home.  I think Oregon pulls it out.

• Upvote 1

A lot of fun games yesterday, what will the polls do?

#1 Texas dominated the Sooners.

#3 Oregon knocks off #2 Ohio State.  Great game, OSU won't fall far in the polls.

#4 Penn State wins but they let unranked USC take them to overtime and got lucky with the field goal miss.

#5 Georgia struggles against 1-5 Miss State.  AND Kirby shoves the Miss St Quaterback!!!

#7 Alabama struggles again.  I thought the Gamecocks were gonna pull it off.

#8 Tennessee struggles against Florida but pulls it out in OT.

#9 Ole Miss falls to #13 LSU.

#10 Clemson dominated Wake Forrest despite a fast start by Wake, Dab0 engineered a blistering 2nd quarter with 28 points.

I am sure the SEC bias will keep many of them in the top 10/25 despite the losses and struggles against unranked opponents.