WB-57F and Drone Swarms

10 hours ago, Desayuno said:

Random but why hasn’t the USAF built many underground hangars like our colleagues in the desert?

Because we prioritized money on the below. At least 3 flying at any one time IVO Chinese territory, mostly undetectable across multiple spectrums. Most Chinese reports of UAPs are this or the F-35s associated with it.  Bottom line, have to prioritize funds somewhere. 

IMG_0477.thumb.jpeg.21a9e3e7b2cfce794c7905a8d4e04483.jpeg

FAFO Xi…

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2024 at 11:57 PM, HeyEng said:

The War Zone is reporting that Langley is installing anti-drone netting around the enclosures for the F-22 to help combat drone intrusions at and around the base. 
In addition to being a physical barrier, the netting is assumed to help protect the aircraft from electro-optical snooping as well. 
It’s still curious as to why Langley is the base being targeted for these drone swarms, maybe its proximity to the ocean?

I think you answered your own question?

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Because we prioritized money on the below. At least 3 flying at any one time IVO Chinese territory, mostly undetectable across multiple spectrums. Most Chinese reports of UAPs are this or the F-35s associated with it.  Bottom line, have to prioritize funds somewhere. 

IMG_0477.thumb.jpeg.21a9e3e7b2cfce794c7905a8d4e04483.jpeg

FAFO Xi…

Dude! OPSEC!

• Like 1

The WSJ take on the situation, with the added bonus of a humorous story on the "worst spy ever," Fengyun Shi!

Mystery Drones Swarmed a U.S. Military Base for 17 Days. The Pentagon Is Stumped.

U.S. officials don’t know who is behind the drones that have flown unhindered over sensitive national-security sites—or how to stop them

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/drones-military-pentagon-defense-331871f4

To view the article with pictures, go to the Air Force MWR Libraries website (https://daf.dodmwrlibraries.org/) and log in using your DoD ID number (i.e., EDIPI) and DOB.   Once confirmed, under ‘Find a Resource’ search for the Wall Street Journal.   Once at that publication’s website, use the URL above.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, M2 said:

The WSJ take on the situation, with the added bonus of a humorous story on the "worst spy ever," Fengyun Shi!

Mystery Drones Swarmed a U.S. Military Base for 17 Days. The Pentagon Is Stumped.

U.S. officials don’t know who is behind the drones that have flown unhindered over sensitive national-security sites—or how to stop them

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/drones-military-pentagon-defense-331871f4

To view the article with pictures, go to the Air Force MWR Libraries website (https://daf.dodmwrlibraries.org/) and log in using your DoD ID number (i.e., EDIPI) and DOB.   Once confirmed, under ‘Find a Resource’ search for the Wall Street Journal.   Once at that publication’s website, use the URL above.

Great resource I didn't know was out there

4 hours ago, frog said:

I think you answered your own question?

What I meant is why is Langley targeted at the exclusion of other bases?

Is it because Langley is near the water and these drones (which witnesses are saying are as large as cars) are operating off of ships and more inland bases are out of reach or launching and recovering these drones over land are not practical without getting caught?

If so I would think you would see many Naval installations targeted as well. And for that matter why stop at installing anti-drone netting at just Langley? I would think that any base that has F-22, F-35, B-2, etc. should have anti-drone protection installed.

The military/govt should be shitting their pants at the threat of drones.  I'm not saying anything groundbreaking here or advertising a capability that isn't being used a thousand times a day in the current conflict, but $100k and ten dudes spread out stateside would bring our home station AF to its knees. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HeyEng said:

What I meant is why is Langley targeted at the exclusion of other bases?

Who said they were the only ones? The media and some blogging fanboys? Adversary surveillance is a problem all over the place.