SC Guard UPT Board Canceled - ANG UPT Slots Cut

Thought I would spread the word on this development. A few days ago, someone on the Air Force OTS subreddit alleged A3 told them that FY25 UPT slots for the Guard were cut significantly.

Then, today, the 157th FS in SC sent a memo to applicants stating that no FY24 hiring boards would be held stating:

"The number of UPT class dates available to Air National Guard fighter units has been cut dramatically. The South Carolina Air National Guard currently has three individuals who have been selected to attend pilot training, and none of those three will be able to conduct training starting in Fiscal Year 2025. It would be irresponsible to conduct a hiring board in 2024 when the likely start date for training would be 2027 at the very earliest."

I attached the memo for curious souls. Really sorry for those who are close to the age limit or are waiting for UPT dates.

ez4f9g5bzq4d1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

yeah, some explanation of this from someone high up would be great. Somewhat unclear what this means for T1 students, if they're working a solution, etc.

On 6/5/2024 at 7:45 PM, Flev said:

Thought I would spread the word on this development. A few days ago, someone on the Air Force OTS subreddit alleged A3 told them that FY25 UPT slots for the Guard were cut significantly.

Then, today, the 157th FS in SC sent a memo to applicants stating that no FY24 hiring boards would be held stating:

"The number of UPT class dates available to Air National Guard fighter units has been cut dramatically. The South Carolina Air National Guard currently has three individuals who have been selected to attend pilot training, and none of those three will be able to conduct training starting in Fiscal Year 2025. It would be irresponsible to conduct a hiring board in 2024 when the likely start date for training would be 2027 at the very earliest."

I attached the memo for curious souls. Really sorry for those who are close to the age limit or are waiting for UPT dates.

ez4f9g5bzq4d1.jpeg

So is this affecting all slots or just Guard? Any word from the reserves? Active Duty? 

23 hours ago, bs98 said:

yeah, some explanation of this from someone high up would be great. Somewhat unclear what this means for T1 students, if they're working a solution, etc.

Probably business as normal-ish. T-38 delays dont affect T-1s. Different squadrons, instructors, planes, sims, etc....T-38s were delayed when I was at UPT. My classmates that went 38s just washed back classes and we kept on goin. 

• Upvote 1