deleted

11 hours ago, bs98 said:

Searched but couldn't find this mentioned anywhere so maybe its new? No caffeine for the 7 days leading up to FC1...

Just a major heads up for anyone going; the caffeine fast is probably the worst part of the whole thing.

Anyone with experience have the rationale behind this?

Must be new. I don't think I did that when I went a few years ago.

As someone whose blood pressure is consistently on the verge of being over the 140/90 limit, I can completely understand the 7-day caffeine fast. It may also cause some people issues on the EKG.

Source: Took my FC-1A two months ago

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Smokin said:

Wait, is this a thing?  I've never heard of this.  Is it a requirement or a recommendation if you have blood pressure or some other ekg issue?

I should clarify; the caffeine thing wasn't relayed to me at any point leading up to my physical (never went to Wright-Patt). I just know from a personal medical standpoint that caffeine doesn't play nice with my BP, so perhaps that's what they're trying to prevent.

I should clarify; the caffeine thing wasn't relayed to me at any point leading up to my physical (never went to Wright-Patt). I just know from a personal medical standpoint that caffeine doesn't play nice with my BP, so perhaps that's what they're trying to prevent.

15 point rise in both systolic and diastolic after 1 cup of coffee…YMMV, and I am 57 yo

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RASH said:

15 point rise in both systolic and diastolic after 1 cup of coffee…YMMV, and I am 57 yo

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

Thankfully mine isn't at that level of increase yet, but having the circulatory system of a shaking chihuahua in my 20's doesn't help any.

• bs98 changed the title to deleted