Danger41 - Rest in Peace - Updated

I am shocked and saddened to report our friend and longtime forum member Danger41 passed away yesterday after a freak accident. 

Many of us knew him in real life and it would be an understatement to say he was an American hero.  He was an incredible pilot, officer, mentor, weapons officer and a friend to all.  More importantly, he was a dedicated husband and father.  I had the honor of mentoring him throughout his career and was with him at Nellis the night he put his patch on...there are not enough words to describe how good of a person he was. 

This is an absolute gut punch and a reminder that every day is a gift, never miss a chance to tell a friend or family member you care.

All - Adding an update along with the link to a GoFundMe for his family.  https://gofund.me/1ecfa239

As I mentioned above Matt "Macho" Anderson was a great human being.  He attended and played football at South Dakota State before going to OTS and then on to UPT.  Matt initially flew F-15Cs before he was TAMI-21'd to the U-28.  He absolutely crushed it as a U-28 pilot where he quickly upgraded to instructor, attended WIC and eventually became WIC Cadre at the 14th WPS.  He was known as the consummate Weapons Officer - Humble, Credible, Approachable.  More than anything he would want to be remembered as a great husband and father.  Macho leaves behind four children and an incredible wife.

If you are so inclined say a prayer for him and his children who were also injured in the accident.

Nickle on the grass my friend.

🥃:flag_waving:

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 8.47.15 AM.png

Macho1.jpg

Macho2.jpg

Macho3.jpg

• Like 25

That's terrible news. Didn't know him personally, but my impression of him was intelligent and measured in his posts here and he seemed morally grounded. I suppose that makes sense as a husband, father, and Christian. Even more sad to hear kids may have been hurt. Prayers for everyone involved.

🥃

I'm just shocked to read these news. I corresponded with him last year when he wanted to pick my brain about follow-on assignments to the AETC world. I recall him recently posting about PIT dates in the future, appeared excited about it, which made me feel great based on our conversation about it a year ago. Truly heartbreaking. 

I second the call above, those who knew him closely, please do let us know what/anything as on online usaf community can do to help/outreach. 

• ClearedHot changed the title to Danger41 - Rest in Peace - Updated

Matt reached out to me last year to be interviewed for my doctoral dissertation. He worked about 10 minutes away from where I live in Colorado and I met him at his office. Super nice dude, great insight for my research. Him Him 🥃

• Like 4