Danger41 - Rest in Peace - Updated

🍺

On 8/6/2024 at 11:45 PM, hindsight2020 said:

I'm just shocked to read these news. I corresponded with him last year when he wanted to pick my brain about follow-on assignments to the AETC world. I recall him recently posting about PIT dates in the future, appeared excited about it, which made me feel great based on our conversation about it a year ago. Truly heartbreaking. 

I second the call above, those who knew him closely, please do let us know what/anything as on online usaf community can do to help/outreach. 

Damn. My last PM on here was from him 8 days ago, replying to a message I sent him in response to a post about lodging options in SA for PIT. Seemed like a great dude.

Life is short. 🥃

• Like 1

Terrible to hear about Macho. Great dude and while I surely didn’t know him as well as others here, I enjoyed the times I worked with him and all of our conversations throughout the last several years. RIP dude. 

RIP to Matt, if y'all can, please donate to help his family out. Luckily I just saw that the Special Operations Warrior Foundation will be taking are of all of his kids' educational expenses from here on out. SOWF is one of my absolute favorite charities to donate to and support, and I encourage you to do that too if you can.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, nsplayr said:

RIP to Matt, if y'all can, please donate to help his family out. Luckily I just saw that the Special Operations Warrior Foundation will be taking are of all of his kids' educational expenses from here on out. SOWF is one of my absolute favorite charities to donate to and support, and I encourage you to do that too if you can.

I hadn't seen that, but he's absolutely deserving.  Macho was a true hero.

• Like 2

Just saw this thread a couple of days ago while out of town. I certainly enjoyed his comments and dry humor on B.O. over the years. Gone far too soon and for the most tragic of reasons.:beer:

Edited by fire4effect
clarity