2025 ACTIVE DUTY UFT BOARD

3 hours ago, 25UFTApplicant said:

I heard they were estimating ~70 slots.

I heard the same. A mentor of mine was on the last 2 boards. He told me that he’s expecting 70, maybe less. However hoping for more! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2024 at 5:26 AM, Arkbird said:

Rooting for you again, QUAG. DM on IG if you got questions but I know this isn't your first rodeo. 

Thanks dude! I appreciate your kind words! Hopefully this is the year! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GalPit said:

QUAG, thanks for creating this space, we’ve been quiet this year.

Of course! It’s generally quiet until mid November when the board meets, then quiet again until late December lol. I’m expecting 250-300 applicants this year with 70-80 slots. 

Is this your first go at it? 

On 10/16/2024 at 2:12 PM, QUAG said:

Of course! It’s generally quiet until mid November when the board meets, then quiet again until late December lol. I’m expecting 250-300 applicants this year with 70-80 slots. 

Is this your first go at it? 
/// ///

This will be my 3rd attempt, declined a CSO slot last year, finished my PPL hoping this will be the year 🤞

Good luck! 
my first time my scores were average. I had a Pilot score of 78 and a PCSM of 76. I was number 3 at the Wg.  I was a non select. 

I took this last year to really work on my application. 

I retook the AFOQT as a senior captain. I felt like Billy Madison in my testing center with all junior enlisted testing to commission. 

I was able to bump my scores to a 99 pilot, 92 PCSM and earned the #1 Wing strat.  I sincerely hope this is enough to get me across the finish line for this year! 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2024 at 11:52 AM, QUAG said:

Good luck! 
my first time my scores were average. I had a Pilot score of 78 and a PCSM of 76. I was number 3 at the Wg.  I was a non select. 

I took this last year to really work on my application. 

I retook the AFOQT as a senior captain. I felt like Billy Madison in my testing center with all junior enlisted testing to commission. 

I was able to bump my scores to a 99 pilot, 92 PCSM and earned the #1 Wing strat.  I sincerely hope this is enough to get me across the finish line for this year! 

Dude thats pretty cool that you took it on the chin last year and came back stronger instead of letting it beat you up. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get picked up this year especially if they have your old package in their system to see the improvements you did.

• Like 1

On topic of PPL - With IPT coming online I wonder how much the board is going to look at PPLs as a deciding factor since in IPT they are going to send everyone back to civilian flight school to get their ratings regardless of what they have.  Or I wonder if they ever looked at PPLs in that kind of a light, but instead it was more of a you're more likely to have a high PCSM if you have your PPL from high flight hours. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simsans said:

On topic of PPL - With IPT coming online I wonder how much the board is going to look at PPLs as a deciding factor since in IPT they are going to send everyone back to civilian flight school to get their ratings regardless of what they have.  Or I wonder if they ever looked at PPLs in that kind of a light, but instead it was more of a you're more likely to have a high PCSM if you have your PPL from high flight hours. 

I think this will depend on when IPT actually starts up. From my very brief research 6-9 minutes reading the draft of the requirements. It sounds like a candidate will show up regardless of what ratings they possess and prof advance through training to their specific skill level. 

do you know when the first class of IPT is expected to start? Did CAE keep the contract in Pueblo Co?

BLOB: I believe PPL’s won’t be as heavily weighted. But can still be used as a tie breaker as it shows investment and ability of some degree.