Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

On 1/21/2016 at 6:35 PM, ihtfp06 said:

I saw one too, but it was for promotion to O-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6d46e2d65080abe014f8008c199140e9.jpg

Because we all know that is an accomplishment.

20 hours ago, di1630 said:

Yeah but these are millenials...they have been celebrating "participation awards" since their pee-wee soccer days as if they were in the NFL draft.

Because you guys didn't celebrate a $800 paycheck bump when you made double-first lieutenant?  You know how big of a deal it is to be mistaken for someone who might know what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, di1630 said:

Yeah but these are millenials...they have been celebrating "participation awards" since their pee-wee soccer days as if they were in the NFL draft.

I think you've forgotten just how shit on you were as a Lt.  I haven't.  I had a Col who wouldn't acknowledge me start conversations with me 10 min after I pinned on the tracks.  He did the pinning....  But before that.. just a Lt.  They 14 years of prior-service = nothing.

Bet your ass I celebrated.

I saw one too, but it was for promotion to O-3

6d46e2d65080abe014f8008c199140e9.jpg

Because we all know that is an accomplishment.

Because you guys didn't celebrate a $800 paycheck bump when you made double-first lieutenant?  You know how big of a deal it is to be mistaken for someone who might know what they are doing.

Sure didn't. Too busy in FTU....We did celebrate actual accomplishments though. Our FTU solo party had nice strippers but that was more about an excuse to get strippers than celebrating the 3rd jet we solo'd in.

You have a pay chart, you can advance celebrate your next pay raise too. Don't forget that 1% in Jan....invite me to your BAH increase party. Nice work in advance. You are a winner, special and don't let anyone tell or make you feel otherwise young-special-snowflake-1st LT on the way to Capt. Congrats again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Wow salty dog, you managed to include sarcasm, cynicism, and snarkiness all in one post. I believe you've met your objective for the day, sounding experienced and bitter. I am in awe of your prowess at belittling the new Captain.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, di1630 said:

Sure didn't. Too busy in FTU....We did celebrate actual accomplishments though. Our FTU solo party had nice strippers but that was more about an excuse to get strippers than celebrating the 3rd jet we solo'd in.

You have a pay chart, you can advance celebrate your next pay raise too. Don't forget that 1% in Jan....invite me to your BAH increase party. Nice work in advance. You are a winner, special and don't let anyone tell or make you feel otherwise young-special-snowflake-1st LT on the way to Capt. Congrats again.

We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-XP-Level-Up-So

• Upvote 1

You miss the "any excuse for a party" rationale.  During a TDY to Vegas, we had 7 guys get promoted.  They put together quite the soiree complete with political incorrect implications of excess alcohol and strippers invited but in a non-working capacity.  Apparently that whole pole thing is a lot more physically demanding than I thought if the number of ladies wearing knee and ankle braces is an accurate indication.  Guys were still rolling back to the hotel at 3pm the next day.  So, enjoy what you can, when you can because, otherwise, all there is left is bitching and complaining.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

You miss the "any excuse for a party" rationale.  During a TDY to Vegas, we had 7 guys get promoted.  They put together quite the soiree complete with political incorrect implications of excess alcohol and strippers invited but in a non-working capacity.  Apparently that whole pole thing is a lot more physically demanding than I thought if the number of ladies wearing knee and ankle braces is an accurate indication.  Guys were still rolling back to the hotel at 3pm the next day.  So, enjoy what you can, when you can because, otherwise, all there is left is bitching and complaining.

This.  Parties make the world go 'round.  I don't care about the reason.  You got promoted in the same timeframe good dudes and dudettes got the RIF, or non-vol'd, or...?  Party.

Party about small victories over the machine until you have an opportunity to fix it.  Then:

1) Do the right thing.

2) Party.

• Upvote 2

There's a difference between partying for said promotion to captain (which most definitely should and does happen) and self congratulations on Facebook thanking everyone for how hard earned your promotion to Capt was just to make yourself seem like you've earned something.

I'm assuming that's where the point was supposed to go.

20 hours ago, di1630 said:

You completely contradicted yourself twice I think, and totally missed the sarcasm in all the previous posts you aimed to contradict.  So which is it? Did you celebrate "actual  accomplishments" or did you just find an excuse to party like everyone else was alluding to? Where you too busy in FTU to celebrate or were you not. I'm so confused.

You completely contradicted yourself twice I think, and totally missed the sarcasm in all the previous posts you aimed to contradict.  So which is it? Did you celebrate "actual  accomplishments" or did you just find an excuse to party like everyone else was alluding to? Where you too busy in FTU to celebrate or were you not. I'm so confused.

Apologies for the confusion. We actually just celebrated the fact we were able to afford strippers on LT pay. That was a big accomplishment however this was years before Facebook. These days I'd just make post congratulating myself and if I got over 100 likes, I'd throw myself a small party and wallow in my accomplishment.

C'mon people....congratulating yourself on Facebook for getting something, 99+% of eligible people received....all in hopes any non-military educated family/friends think it's a big deal.....Gay.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, di1630 said:

Apologies for the confusion. We actually just celebrated the fact we were able to afford strippers on LT pay. That was a big accomplishment however this was years before Facebook. These days I'd just make post congratulating myself and if I got over 100 likes, I'd throw myself a small party and wallow in my accomplishment.

C'mon people....congratulating yourself on Facebook for getting something, 99+% of eligible people received....all in hopes any non-military educated family/friends think it's a big deal.....Gay.

Well I know who won't be getting an invite to my "3 weeks without a sexual assault" party.

• Upvote 3

Good luck to any worried about the O-4 results.  Have any wings "released" results? 

In regards to O-3 promotes being too proud for some on this forum...I think it's perfectly fine for anyone to be proud regardless of the statistical chances. Who cares if they tell their family that they became a Captain. It would be more "odd" if they didn't. Those same newly promoted captains will still know they will continue to make popcorn.

I think it's perfectly fine for anyone to be proud regardless of the statistical chances. Who cares if they tell their family that they became a Captain. It would be more "odd" if they didn't.

Agreed, in fact trying to tell mom and aunt peru that we promoted at 100% usually falls on deaf ears and they want to pinch your checks and share your picture everywhere regardless... There's a difference between being proud at what you do using periodic milestones, regardless of difficulty of attainment, to show it versus scheduling the base theater for a captain pin-on and asking everyone to contribute to your pig roast to celebrate... unless, of course, you are providing strippers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lstcause257 said:

My OG was 20 of 30 eligibles. Puts it right at 67%.

Your operations group only had a 67 % promotion rate??

isnt the overall promotion rate 95%

and weren't there 75% DPs, meaning that around 23 of your 30 should have had DPs??