Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, H_G said:

How common are U-28's and AC's going to remain? If they are not on your drop sheet are you just out of luck?

I still see a few U28's here and there but the numbers are going down. I have not seen an AC the past year I've been at UPT. Still plenty of options to get into AFSOC though. I see C-146 all the time, and word on the street is that they're standing up a new squadron for those. I also see HC's all the time. 

• Like 1

I saw an AC drop about a year ago, went to the near bottom, if not bottom, of the class. I think we’ve had a few since. Multiple MCs, a good number of U-28s, as well as 146s. The U-28 is also a platform that they’ve been doing the trial groups direct from T-6s with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 4:20 PM, stlpilot11 said:

I still see a few U28's here and there but the numbers are going down. I have not seen an AC the past year I've been at UPT. Still plenty of options to get into AFSOC though. I see C-146 all the time, and word on the street is that they're standing up a new squadron for those. I also see HC's all the time. 

146 is going to set up a new unit out in Mildenhall so that’s good gouge. Not sure when but not too distant future.

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2024 at 5:30 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

saw an AC drop about a year ago, went to the near bottom, if not bottom, of the class.

Crazy.   Thats a complex mission for someone who doesn't want to be there.